IGNORED

9 holes - 2 hours, 45 minutes

niblick
Note: This thread is 6152 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I nearly went out of my mind today. Teed off on a short course today (par 67) at 12:15 with two younger guys. Didn't putt out on 9 until 3 o'clock. Waited for 5 or 10 minutes on nearly every tee box, and didn't see a marshal until I was in the fairway on #8. I made sure to say something to him, which I never really do, but I was pissed. That's a course you should be able to get around in 4 hours when it's slow .

I scraped out a 42 with no 3 putts, but it was really hard to stay focused with the pace that slow. It didn't help that one of the guys I played with talked non-stop about how much he knows about the swing and what a badass he was. When he gave himself a 4 footer for a 10 on the 3rd hole I just tuned him out.

It was such a nice day too... I had really high hopes. Oh well, hopefully Saturday will be better. This slow play sh!t has to stop.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

I feel your pain. Sometimes I am forced to quit after 9 holes because it's taken 3 friggen hours just to get that far. I like taking my time and enjoying the scenery as much as the next guy, but come on, that is just ridiculous. I hate slow play.

Any gimmie outside the leather is just an admission that he can't putt.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I feel your pain. Sometimes I am forced to quit after 9 holes because it's taken 3 friggen hours just to get that far. I like taking my time and enjoying the scenery as much as the next guy, but come on, that is just ridiculous. I hate slow play.

Yep, I had to pack it in after nine, which I hate doing when I came intending to play a full round.

And yeah, the guy hit maybe 2 solid golf shots the entire time, and couldn't putt dead.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

If the guy is putting for a ten I dont see a problem in giving him the four footer, however slow play sucks, I dont blame you for packing it in after nine. I would have done the same thing. If some guy I dont know is attempting to give lessons or talk about how much he knows thats a guy who I dont want to talk to the entire round.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

I nearly went out of my mind today. Teed off on a short course today (par 67) at 12:15 with two younger guys. Didn't putt out on 9 until 3 o'clock. Waited for 5 or 10 minutes on nearly every tee box, and didn't see a marshal until I was in the fairway on #8. I made sure to say something to him, which I never really do, but I was pissed. That's a course you should be able to get around in 4 hours when it's

Man, someone played last Sunday in under that, for 18 holes! A thought occurs: would play be faster if we all used Modified Stableford scoring, like they used to do at the International? You miss your shot for bogey, pick it up and take a double bogey.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played a round the other day with two very bad golfers and finished the round in 3hrs and 43min. The funny thing is that we thought we were going slow the whole time cause the group behind us kept hitting into us. Turns out theye been known as people who just run the course and dont give a damn. That was my quickest round of the year so far.
Driver FT-3 9deg w/ Aldila NV 65-S
3wood Rescue 3 15deg
Irons R7 TP w/ Flighted Rifle 6.5
Wedges 48deg TA900, 53deg TA588, 58deg TA900
Putter 2 ball center shaftedBall NXT Tour

I played a round the other day with two very bad golfers and finished the round in 3hrs and 43min. The funny thing is that we thought we were going slow the whole time cause the group behind us kept hitting into us. Turns out theye been known as people who just run the course and dont give a damn. That was my quickest round of the year so far.

First, congrats on fast play. Well done; everyone should strive for so fast a round.

They're the course operators, are they? Or are they just people who play there and hit into people all the time? If they operate the course, I wonder who you can report them to for safety violations at their place of business? If they just play there and always hit into people, alert the marshal (keep the starter in your cell phone, for instance, to let him know).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6152 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!