IGNORED

Distance separation between clubs...

matluther
Note: This thread is 3322 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well you do want to hit the mat, you just need to make sure you hit the ball first.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You can try to put a coin down in front of the ball and try to hit the ball and the coin. I have tried this before but the problem with this kind of advice is, it does not help you with what you need to do to hit the ball first. Kind of like the advice of swing to right field to help hit a draw. Just advice that tells you what needs to be done, the hard part is the how. I'm not good enough to help with the how.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

• 2 years later...

I play in the northwest and sometimes have the same conditions. Our foursome was out this week, 45-50, with heavy, wet air. Our distances were greatly affected. With good summer roll I can sometimes tag a driver 270, but on this day 190 was good. Irons always way shorter. So much so I've gone to an eleven callaway wood for the winter. It makes up for all the bad temps and dampness. And if you're like us you can't swing freely with all the sweaters and sweatshirts. It's a different game sometimes for us in the north.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Have you considered a 5 wood?

I actually have a somewhat similar problem.  My 3 wood is 235-240 off the deck, and my 3 hybrid is 215-220.  But I don't hit either of them terribly well at the moment so unless it's wide open with no trouble, I'm just usually pulling my 4 iron and hitting it as far as I can (210-215 if I'm lucky) or laying back.

Yeah - my 5Hy is my money club - so I pretty much go to it if there is any trouble on a Par 5 where I have anything over 200 in.  And no, I haven't looked into a 5W.  But that is something I need to consider.  I need to find something because it is frustrating not having a club I can reliably depend on from 205+.  I need something that I can get up in the air reliably like that 5Hy.

If that snap hook is killing you (as it was me too) with your hybrid ... I think it's time you take advantage of the new technology & pick up an adjustable hybrid (pick up a cheapie off eBay and just experiment with it).      Adjusting my clubs to neutral really helped with minimizing my hook.    You can set if fade biased if you have to in order to minimize the dreaded snap hook.    You're a far better player than me, but I found if I really hit DOWN on my hybrids & fairway woods, the hook thing seems to go away ... when I pick & sweep across the ball, the hook comes back ... every time.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Note: This thread is 3322 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!