IGNORED

R11 or diablo edge

achadha7
Note: This thread is 4047 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In my search for a new set ( very high handicapper) i have narrowed it down to the r11 and the callaway diablo edge. I'll be taking a 5 iron of each to the course on tues to check em out but What are your thoughts / opinions ?

In the :tmade: san clemente 14 way bag: :ping: G30 Stiff shaft driver 9deg upped to 10 :tmade: RocketBallz 4-sw Steel Stiff Shaft :callaway: 50 degree wedge :wilson_staff: 58 deg Wedge :cleve: Center shaft putter :titleist: Balls & :footjoy: BOA shoes

I am about a 15 handicapper (I don't actually keep an official one) and I purchased the r11's 3-pw in August, and again in October, but that is a story for another time. I really love them, I was playing Taylormade Burners and I got fitted for these. I think they feel great, and they look really good too, not too overdone like a lot of the Taylormade gear. They are pretty forgiving, not the most forgiving though. I use kbs C-taper shafts in mine. I have absolutely no experience with the Callaways.

OK I cannot for the life of me find the edit button, but I was looking for my loft on my pw and stumble across this http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/523207-r11-irons-personal-review/ I know its not super helpful but its a few more opinions.

Tha[quote name="goldfinch" url="/t/65155/r11-or-diablo-edge/0_100#post_814196"]OK I cannot for the life of me find the edit button, but I was looking for my loft on my pw and stumble across this [URL=http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/523207-r11-irons-personal-review/]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/523207-r11-irons-personal-review/[/URL] I know its not super helpful but its a few more opinions. [/quote] Thankyou but from what i have read the r11's are gi and diablo are sgi The big sole and fat top line on the diablo's is kinda different

In the :tmade: san clemente 14 way bag: :ping: G30 Stiff shaft driver 9deg upped to 10 :tmade: RocketBallz 4-sw Steel Stiff Shaft :callaway: 50 degree wedge :wilson_staff: 58 deg Wedge :cleve: Center shaft putter :titleist: Balls & :footjoy: BOA shoes

The r11's come up in the 500-600 range in the mpf where as the diablo edge comes up in the 950 range. On a tangent , if something is eated at 600 in 2010 and another clud is rated the same in 2012 would it mean the same thing or a 600 mpf in 2010 or some other yr the same as the mpf in 2012???

Not sure about all the spec stuff, but the Diable Edge's are SGI.  I have played them for the last 2 years and I like them a lot.  They are bulky but I like that.  It gives me confidence when I look down at them because they are larger.  They are very forgiving and I never get my hands stung when hitting them.  Even bad shots feel solid.  I like the weight of them as well.  I have 5-PW for the Diable Edge, I also have a 3H & 4H Diablo Edge.  I don't have any complaints about them.

• Upvote 1

Not sure about all the spec stuff, but the Diable Edge's are SGI.  I have played them for the last 2 years and I like them a lot.  They are bulky but I like that.  It gives me confidence when I look down at them because they are larger.  They are very forgiving and I never get my hands stung when hitting them.  Even bad shots feel solid.  I like the weight of them as well.  I have 5-PW for the Diable Edge, I also have a 3H & 4H Diablo Edge.  I don't have any complaints about them.

Thanks i liked the different chunky loom of the diablo edge and felt more solid in my hands as compared to the r11. Will see how they perform

I just got the Diablo Edge Irons 4 - AW this January but I haven't hit them on anything except a simulator. They are a bit on the bulky side but it didn't bother me on the simulator hitting them. I haven't heard anything bad about them and I'm pumped to get them onto a real course as soon as the snow melts. As of right now. I would highly recommend.

I'll save you some money... Wilson Staff. Anything in the Ci or Di series. Can be had for a song and are as good if not better than the really big names. Don't sleep on em, i'm tellin ya.

:nike:Covert Tour

:wilson_staff: Fybrid RS 15*

Irons??

:tmade: Tour Preffered 54* & 60* w/ ATV grind

:rife: Trinidad Tropical

I have a set of Wilson staff CI9 irons with graphite shafts, puttin them on ebay very soon, played with them for 4 rounds, easy to hit and good distance. I was lucky enough to have my girlfriend buy me a set of Mizuno JPX800 irons last month so im selling these irons.

Note: This thread is 4047 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!