IGNORED

4 wood, 5 wood or Hybrid for long distance attacking the green?

Note: This thread is 4003 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by superfly777

... I could probably have got used to the 5W in stiff shaft and it would have been good in certain circumstances. But in the end I went for a 19 degree (turned to 18.25) Titleist 913H and am very happy with that decision. I use it a number of times a round and I find it much easier to keep it under the wind. ...

I suspected that might be the deciding factor. Sounds good! Have a good season.

• Upvote 1

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by WUTiger

I suspected that might be the deciding factor. Sounds good! Have a good season.

Thanks. You too.

Driver - 10.5° Callaway RAZR Fit 

3 Wood - 15° Callaway Diablo Octane

Hybrid - 18.25° & 21° Titleist 913H 

Irons 5-PW - Cleveland CG16 Satin Chrome

Gap Wedge - 50° MD Golf NV Drew Standard Bounce 

Sand Wedge - 56° Cleveland 588 RTX 

Lob Wedge - 60° Cleveland 588 RTX 

Putter - Cleveland Classic Black Platinum 6

I own a 18* vr pro hybrid and a 17* Vr pro 4 wood.  Im currently going back and forth between the two.  I seem to hit the hybrid more consistent, but not quite as long.  I can use the hybrid for stingers off the tee, and when its windy.  The 4 wood goes higher and a touch longer.  I was gonna sell the hybrid as its not as long, but think now I'll keep it for windy days or shorter courses to hit on par 4's.

Note: This thread is 4003 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!