IGNORED

Still having a bitch of a time getting my club face closed at impact

Note: This thread is 4033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, I hate being wrong, but I'm man enough to admit it (sometimes).  The chicken wing isn't completely gone...BUT...after another dozen or so pretty big push slices trying to muscle the face square, I tried flattening out my back swing (with the driver), and holy shit I must have been coming over the top, despite swearing up and down I wasn't.  I think I was trying to keep the same takeaway with all my clubs, i.e., almost the same with my 8i as with the driver.  Once I started taking the club back low and on a much flatter plane (no, not a handsy inside takeaway), the slice straightened out.  After another range session I'm getting a nice high draw, carrying about 260.  My misses now seem to be either a block straight right when I'm trying to play the draw, or hard hook when my arms outrace my turn.

Interesting, this has led to slight change in my irons as well.  No change to the plane, but a bit more effort to drop the club inside and make contact on the inside-back of the ball rather than the back.  Pretty good results, high draws with a maybe a couple more yards, and the miss is a block straight right when i don't get around on it.

Finally, I think part of the reason for the chicken was due to coming SLIGHTLY out to in.  When I come from the inside, the release seems a bit more natural, and the

Note: This thread is 4033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!