IGNORED

Hello from DFW

PDeezy
Note: This thread is 4020 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys, I'm new to the sport and the forum. I usually only golf once or twice a year with my family. However, I started going more and more with my brother recently, and I got hooked. The last time I went out my shots were straight and right where I wanted them. It was a great feeling. I had a lot of fun. So, I decided I needed to get some clubs of my own. I went to a local used sports store and picked up a set of Big Bertha irons, a putter, and the cheapest stand bag they had - all for $100. I feel like I got a good deal. I decided to just go with irons and a putter for now since I can't really use woods at the moment. Also, the course I usually play on doesn't require any woods. I think the irons are the '94 model? They say RCH 90 regular on the shaft. Let me know if I'm wrong or how I can find out for sure. I took them out to the range and was having trouble making solid contact. I'm used to steel shafts and a slighy smaller club head and I hope it's not going to be a problem. I'm hoping I'm just not used to them. I'm still fairly new so it's most likely user error. I plan on getting some lessons within a week or two. Well that was a long intro...

Welcome to the site. My mother moved to the DFW area and the last time I went to visit I played Fossil Creek twice and Iorn Horse once. Fossil Creek was a great course, give it a try if you haven't yet. I believe it's located in North Richland Hills. Good Luck with the new sticks.

Thanks guys

Originally Posted by Lesterday

Welcome to the site. My mother moved to the DFW area and the last time I went to visit I played Fossil Creek twice and Iorn Horse once. Fossil Creek was a great course, give it a try if you haven't yet. I believe it's located in North Richland Hills. Good Luck with the new sticks.

I'm actually headed out to Fossil Creek on the 28th for my brother's birthday. I've heard good things about it. Plus, his friend is paying for the round and I just have to buy some beers so it's looking even better.

I'm still trying to get used to the big berthas, but they're growing on me.

Note: This thread is 4020 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!