IGNORED

Golfing in Lake Tahoe

jimsp
Note: This thread is 6897 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone have any suggestions about golf courses in Lake Tahoe. I'm supposed to be in that area in june. Thanks

There is a course up there called the Dragon. Its probably one of the hardest courses in America. Very good scenery as well.

Golfwrx.com

There is a course up there called the Dragon. Its probably one of the hardest courses in America. Very good scenery as well.

Heck I guess it lives up to its name. I'll check it out on the web. Thanks.

Jim,
I note you are in MA. I will be THERE in June, Salisbury Beach to be exact. Are you familiar enough with that area to suggest a nice course? I will be playing with some other guys who may be a bit price sensitive, probably not over $50-60 weekday green fees.
Thanks,
Raymond

There is a couple I would suggest; Pease golf course in Portsmouth,NH is 27 holes, in the price range you want and you can book t-times on line. Its probably 20-30 minutes from Salisbury. Apple Hill in Kingston, NH is another, 18 holes but both 9's are very different. Breakfast Hill is a just down the street from Pease a little more $'s than pease ,but a really nice course. There is a 9 hole course in Amesbury Ma. All of these courses are about 20-30 minutes from Salisbuty Beach.

Thanks, Jim. I will have to find out the name of the course the guys usually play.

Let me know where you play in Tahoe. There is a remote possibility we may be up there later in July.
Regards,
Raymond

If you know which shore of Lake Tahoe, I'd be happy to recommend a course or two.

I've never been to Tahoe, but we're coming into it from the north. If you have any courses that you truly enjoyed playing let me know. I'm a 6 handicap, playing closer to a 10, but I love the game. Thanks.

I've never been to Tahoe, but we're coming into it from the north. If you have any courses that you truly enjoyed playing let me know. I'm a 6 handicap, playing closer to a 10, but I love the game. Thanks.

The North Shore has got some truly awesome golf. In Truckee, just outside of Tahoe City, there is a gem called Coyote Moon . Very challenging and spectacular at the same time. Also just outside of Tahoe City is the Resort at Squaw Creek which winds through environmentally protected wetlands. I think its a Robert Trent Jones, you'll love going for the 13th in 2, a dramatic downhill tee shot, then a severely uphill second. Very fun. If you're looking for value golf, try Northstar , which is on a ski resort. You'll never play such a dramatically different front/back nine. One is meadows, the other is mountains. Someone already mentioned Dragon which I have not played, but have heard is quite the experience. It is however about 20-30 minutes away from Tahoe. If you're willing to drive that far, I would highly recommend Edgewood , where they hold the big celebrity tournament you see on TV. The last 3 holes are right on the waters edge, and a lot of fun to play. It's on the south shore, probably 30-45 minute drive from the north shore, but its a truly beautiful and fun drive along the lake. If you do decide to go, call early to try to get your tee time, cause they book up fast. If you're a member of a private club, you should ask your pro to set up a tee time at Lahontan, which I think was ranked in Golf Digest as a Top 50 course. You wrote "Coming in from the north", does that mean Reno? or Carson City? Cause there's some great golf there as well. Hope this helps. Have a great trip. docmao

The North Shore has got some truly awesome golf. In Truckee, just outside of Tahoe City, there is a gem called

Great!!!! thanks for the info. I am coming in from the north from Portolla, Ca.

Any other suggestions are much appreciated.

Oh, you'll already be pretty close to Dragon. Definitely play there before your leave for Tahoe. If you have another golf day, play Whitehawk Ranch as well.

Note: This thread is 6897 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!