IGNORED

Why is this shaft not performing well?

Note: This thread is 3937 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I recently purchased an Adams Super LS XTD driver. The Fubuki alpha 60 "X" flex is rated for 106+mph swing speeds. I average 110mph swing with my driver. I feel like the shaft is barely flexing for me and my shots are either a pull or a mild slice.

Why is this shaft playing too stiff for me?

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

Shaft stiffness isn't only a function of swing speed. It also has a lot to do with how you swing. If you have a smoother swing, you will not load the shaft as much as someone who either accelerates quickly after the transition or has a late release. My SS is around 100 and I have used senior shafts with success because I have a smooth swing.

You will be able to feel if you are properly loading the shaft. A stiff, boardy feel means you are not loading it enough, and a noodle-feeling shaft is loaded too much. You can feel when you hit that happy medium.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

As Meddle said, hand loading has a lot to do with what shaft you need.

Also, some places "juice up" their launch monitors to exaggerate the performance of the club. So, make sure you have that swingspeed at more than one golf shop.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3937 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!