IGNORED

Forward Press - Yes or No?

Note: This thread is 6121 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you forward press? What kind of putter do you use?

• I forward press and I use an offset putter.
    • I forward press and I use a non-offset putter.
    • I do not forward press and I use an offset putter.
    • I do not forward press and I use a non-offset putter.

How many of you use a forward press to start your putting stroke? Also, what putter do you use and more specifically is it an offset putter or not.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

I used to never use a foward press but once I started using I am more consistent and I make better contact with the ball and it rolls truer.

I use and offset putter.

Keep it on the short grass.

• Administrator
I don't. I use an offset putter (Red X). I'll add a poll.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Forward press with a putter? Why? How would it help? It seems to me that all it would do is close the face (which has a slight loft).......

Driver: Titleist 907D1
3W: 906F2 15
5W: Cobra SZ HS
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 21
Irons: Taylormade Rac LT2 Wedges: Vokey SM 52 + 56 Putter: Some old piece of crap

• Administrator
Forward press with a putter? Why? How would it help? It seems to me that all it would do is close the face (which has a slight loft).......

A lot of players forward press with the putter. It's sometimes slight, and if the putter is forward in your stance, oftentimes it'll have too much loft without the forward press.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'll add a poll.

Thanks Erik! I meant to add one but got a little busy at work after starting the thread and by the time I got back to it I wasn't allowed to include a poll

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

i use forward press, really helps make contact
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I do press with my irons, so maybe I'll have to give it a go.......

Irons: Taylormade Rac LT2 Wedges: Vokey SM 52 + 56 Putter: Some old piece of crap

I have found a forward press to be a good stress eliminator ... some people do the same thing by hovering the club. I do not currently press but play with a lot of guys who do.

A lot of players forward press with the putter. It's sometimes slight, and if the putter is forward in your stance, oftentimes it'll have too much loft without the forward press.

That would be me...

I forward press and I use an offset putter.

I do not. putter is not offset

My Sticks:
DriverFT-5 9.5° Tour Accuflex Creation 65g Stiff -or-
:R7 Superquad Redboard Stiff
Woods::TEE CB2 Accuflex Creation 80g stiff
Irons:755 cb 4-SWWedges: CG10 Black Pearl 52,56,60Putter::Seemore Black FGP 34.25"

What's forward press?

Forward press is a forward movement of the hands or body before the takeaway. It can be done with either or both.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

It just seems like a bad idea to me, to add an unneccesary movement to the putting stroke. I'd never thought about offset putters though....

What's forward press?

+1 what he said.......

I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

Note: This thread is 6121 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!