IGNORED

Hello from Northern Colorado

LocoPatrick
Note: This thread is 4075 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Howdy, Folks,

I have lurked here for a while, but thought I would go ahead and introduce myself. I live in Wellington, CO--about ten miles north of Fort Collins. We have some great golf courses very close by. I usually play Mountain Vista Greens off of Interstate 25. City Park 9, Collindale, and South Ridge are all in Fort Collins, and many others nearby. Prices are really good at these courses--between $16.00 and $18.00 for nine holes, $32.00 to $36.00 for eighteen holes.

I started playing a few years ago off and on. Never really scored well. Then I got tendonitis in my left elbow from weightlifting. This year, I started playing again, took a couple of lessons, and have driven my nine hole score from the mid seventies down to the low fifties. Used to be I couldn't hit irons to save my life, now I am hitting 90% of my shots well. I've done a lot of short game work, especially with pitching and chipping, and that has taken a lot of strokes off of my score as well.

I've been playing once a week, nine holes before work. You know you are addicted when you deliberately wake up at 5:30AM to play nine holes before work. I like the time in the morning, and usually I have the course to myself, so I can practice a few things. I prefer to walk the course with my pull cart.

For the time being, I'm playing from the forward tees. My goal for this season was to become a double bogey golfer. I acheived that goal, and am now pushing to become a bogey golfer.

Areas I need to improve:

1. Four foot putts. If I could have hit some four foot putts today, I would have broken fifty and gotten three pars.

2. Fix driver ginzu swing (It slices and dices--getting better)

3. Stop pushing shots. I'm getting more consistent with aim, but I have a tendency to push my shots straight to the right.

Equipment:

Verdict Super Metal Clubs by Knight (I think these were a Walmart speciaI. picked them up at a garage sale a few years ago for $20.00.).

3 Wood (I use as a driver, average 180 yards)

5 Wood

5 Iron

6 Iron

7 Iron

8 Iron

9 Iron

Putter

Sports Authority house brand gap wedge

Welcome!

Ditto for me.  I've seen more people with tendonitis from weight lifting than playing golf or tennis.

Originally Posted by LocoPatrick

Howdy, Folks,

I have lurked here for a while, but thought I would go ahead and introduce myself. I live in Wellington, CO--about ten miles north of Fort Collins. We have some great golf courses very close by. I usually play Mountain Vista Greens off of Interstate 25. City Park 9, Collindale, and South Ridge are all in Fort Collins, and many others nearby. Prices are really good at these courses--between $16.00 and $18.00 for nine holes, $32.00 to $36.00 for eighteen holes.

I started playing a few years ago off and on. Never really scored well. Then I got tendonitis in my left elbow from weightlifting. This year, I started playing again, took a couple of lessons, and have driven my nine hole score from the mid seventies down to the low fifties. Used to be I couldn't hit irons to save my life, now I am hitting 90% of my shots well. I've done a lot of short game work, especially with pitching and chipping, and that has taken a lot of strokes off of my score as well.

I've been playing once a week, nine holes before work. You know you are addicted when you deliberately wake up at 5:30AM to play nine holes before work. I like the time in the morning, and usually I have the course to myself, so I can practice a few things. I prefer to walk the course with my pull cart.

For the time being, I'm playing from the forward tees. My goal for this season was to become a double bogey golfer. I acheived that goal, and am now pushing to become a bogey golfer.

Areas I need to improve:

1. Four foot putts. If I could have hit some four foot putts today, I would have broken fifty and gotten three pars.

2. Fix driver ginzu swing (It slices and dices--getting better)

3. Stop pushing shots. I'm getting more consistent with aim, but I have a tendency to push my shots straight to the right.

Equipment:

Verdict Super Metal Clubs by Knight (I think these were a Walmart speciaI. picked them up at a garage sale a few years ago for $20.00.).

3 Wood (I use as a driver, average 180 yards)

5 Wood

5 Iron

6 Iron

7 Iron

8 Iron

9 Iron

Putter

Sports Authority house brand gap wedge

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It was doing chin ups (palm facing me) that gave me the tendonitis. I feel a little twitch every now and then, but it doesn't bother me.

I've knocked twenty-five strokes of my golf score in the past two months; I'm looking forward to further improvement. Thanks!

Note: This thread is 4075 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!