IGNORED

Never felt this before, need help/understanding.

DocParty
Note: This thread is 3925 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm old, 62, 3 herniated discs (from 1981) and right knee is bone to bone (from 1999). I understand pain and handle it well.

Played sports through college.

Was on the tee yesterday and on my follow through I felt and heard what I believe was a snap just at the top of my left hip bone.

The very highest bone of the hip. I looked it up and it looks like a large disc or shovel. (I'm not good at describing things it seems).

Today it's just kinda sore at best. I can live with it.

My question is what was that snap I felt and heard, if anyone knows.

It was as if some one pulled a piece of elastic or a rubber band and let it go.

I felt no pain when I heard the noise and felt the snap, which in its self was odd, because the snap was real obvious so I should have felt some pain. I have really poor hearing and for me to hear it, it had to be kinda loud.

Anyone have any ideas as to what I may have done or to what part of my body I did it to?
Thanks

I'm no doctor, but, if there was no feeling, could you have cracked a joint in your hip like you can do when you crack your knuckles... My wife does it, and as far as I'm aware the noise comes from pressure changing in the fluid that resides around your joints!

Like anything else, if it does worry you, go to a doctor for a check up, in fact, just ask Chevy there, he seems dressed for the part! ;)

Dabz

might be but this snap was felt/heard at the very top of my hip bone, that fan shaped looking bone.

never hurt so to speak but it was a little sore like a bruise at the very top of that fan shaped looking bone.

worried I pulled something loose but don't know what's there to pull loose, ligaments-tendons-?

I've had a cracked bone at my elbow, and it's horribly painful, this was not much more than a bruised feeling.

Doc

Note: This thread is 3925 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!