IGNORED

British Open - St. Andrews Photo Gallery

Tontj5
Note: This thread is 3910 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Let me start by saying congratulations to Stacy Lewis for winning the 2013 Ricoh British Open, played on the Old Course at St. Andrews. Stacy birdied the final 2 holes to win by 2 strokes over Na Yeon Choi and Hee Young Park. Choi, who had a 3 stroke lead on the back nine, bogeyed 3 of the last 6 holes. Stacy's approach shot on the 17th hole, which set up her birdie, will be remembered for a very long time. After the tournament Stacy would say that it was the best shot of her life. Considering the circumstances, I couldn't agree more.

My wife & I arrived in St. Andrews on the Sunday morning before the tournament. We decided to check out the golf course about 9:30 PM that night. We parked our car and walked onto the "Old Course".
I was surprised to see that there was no security and that anyone could walk onto what I consider the most beautiful golf course I have ever seen. I walked behind the 18th green and looked out at the fairway. I pictured Jack Nicklaus walking up to the green to a standing ovation. I could never explain the feeling I got standing there. You would have to experience it yourself. I do know that many of the people I spoke to there, got that very same feeling.

Trying to describe this incredible place, and the village that is within walking distance, would be impossible. I hope you will enjoy these pictures.

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2013/08/the-st-andrews-photo-gallery.html

Thanks for posting these.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3910 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!