IGNORED

Johnny Manziel shoots "79 at Pebble"?

bplewis24
Note: This thread is 3902 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by saevel25

We don't want to hear from Fans and Rivals, they have a vested biased opinion on the subject ;)

honestly he sounds like the classic rich kid who has the ego the size of texas. Honestly he'll probably still be drafted, even if he's banned from college football. He has a crazy talent for being a quarterback. I think with the spread moving towards football, someone will take a shot on him. Heck i think he might be perfect for Philadelphia. Michael Vick is getting old, they have the kid from WV, but i think Johnny is better than him. That kid ripped up on a pathetic Big East division. Johnny ripped up on Alabama.

I'm going to veer off topic here, but I'm still not sold on the guy as an elite QB, or one that would translate well into the NFL. He doesn't have a great arm, and his head isn't right. Unless he humbles up a ton, I wouldn't take a chance on him. But since I'm an SEC guy take that as you will.

Originally Posted by theworldengine

shit load of clubhead speed and great balance. im impressed

A) There is absolutely no way you can tell if he has a "shit load of clubhead speed". Taking an ungodly whack that's semi-out-of-control doesn't necessarily mean high clubhead speed.

B) If your definitely of "great balance" is being able to swing out of your shoes and not bust your ass, then yes, great balance.

Originally Posted by TJBam

I'm an Aggie and I really hope Johnny didn't sign those autographs.. but really who goes to a hotel room and signs 300 helmets for free

I was under the impression that there's zero doubt as to whether he signed them, only whether or not there was an exchange of cash. If he did take cash for autographs, he may be the single stupidest person on the face of the earth. And that'll be yet another reason why I would never draft him.

As for the 79, I don't have my doubts. I just wonder what he shot on the back nine.

Tyler Martin

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by geauxforbroke

As for the 79, I don't have my doubts. I just wonder what he shot on the back nine.

Ha!

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Elite NFL QB, I have my doubts as well. Has anyone seen him in person? He looks smaller than his stated height and weight. Wiki says he's 6'1 200. Not huge but I am 6'1.5 210 and I feel like Gulliver walking amongst the gen pop. He looks small in the clips I've seen. One of my customers is a former NFL linebacker, still in good shape, and he's not that much bigger than I am.

Dave :-)

I don't have concerns about his height.  My concerns about his QB ability have to do with his inability to set his feet properly and deliver a ball with minimal upper body action.  He has poor mechanics, and will never be coached properly in college because his running ability is too big of an asset right now and he will be encouraged to use it to the detriment of his own progress.

I'm going to veer off topic here, but I'm still not sold on the guy as an elite QB, or one that would translate well into the NFL. He doesn't have a great arm, and his head isn't right. Unless he humbles up a ton, I wouldn't take a chance on him. But since I'm an SEC guy take that as you will.

A) There is absolutely no way you can tell if he has a "shit load of clubhead speed". Taking an ungodly whack that's semi-out-of-control doesn't necessarily mean high clubhead speed.

B) If your definitely of "great balance" is being able to swing out of your shoes and not bust your ass, then yes, great balance.

I was under the impression that there's zero doubt as to whether he signed them, only whether or not there was an exchange of cash. If he did take cash for autographs, he may be the single stupidest person on the face of the earth. And that'll be yet another reason why I would never draft him.

Yes, let me reword my post.  I really hope he didn't take cash for the autographs.  There is video and everything of him signing.  But the big question of course being was he paid for the services.

To which I am inclined to wonder "who would go to a hotel room and sign 300+ autographs for free?

Originally Posted by TJBam

I'm an Aggie and I really hope Johnny didn't sign those autographs.. but really who goes to a hotel room and signs 300 helmets for free

Was it a Holiday Inn Express?  They have free coffee and WiFi!!

A) There is absolutely no way you can tell if he has a "shit load of clubhead speed". Taking an ungodly whack that's semi-out-of-control doesn't necessarily mean high clubhead speed.  B) If your definitely of "great balance" is being able to swing out of your shoes and not bust your ass, then yes, great balance.

There is a way. There's the video I posted where there are 2 swings, face on-where his clubhead is very fast, as if an elite athlete with years of playing the game was swinging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theworldengine View Post

Quote:

There is a way. There's the video I posted where there are 2 swings, face on-where his clubhead is very fast, as if an elite athlete with years of playing the game was swinging.

Again, how do you know what his clubhead speed was?

Tyler Martin

Originally Posted by theworldengine

Sorry, but there was only one swing face on, not two. And the one face-on was with a driver.

BECAUSE IT'S JOHNNY MANZIEL!!!  He doesn't do anything slow, right?

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Quote:

BECAUSE IT'S JOHNNY MANZIEL!!!  He doesn't do anything slow, right?

If autograph signing was an Olympic sport, he would dominate.

Tyler Martin

His driver clubhead speed is 112MPH.  Smash factor was 1.47.  All verified by Gain Oriented Ophthalmological Goniolens Laser Estimation.

Originally Posted by bplewis24

His driver clubhead speed is 112MPH.  Smash factor was 1.47.  All verified by Gain Oriented Ophthalmological Goniolens Laser Estimation.

Bullshit, there's no way his smash factor was under 1.7.

Tyler Martin

Note: This thread is 3902 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!