Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bending Wedges

2 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what effect strengthening/weakening the loft of a wedge will do to:

a) the bounce angle of the club

b) whether it will open/close the fact at all

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

You add 1* of loft, you add !* of bounce,  Subract !* of loft and take away 1* of bounce.  Shouldn't do anything to face angle.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • I love my chiropractor and I love getting adjusted. I could get adjusted every day wether I need it or not. I probably crack my own neck myself more violently than the chiro does.
    • Retired Lieutenant.  Federal Bureau of Prisons. 
    • Not necessarily true.  Grounding the club when your ball lies in rough is equally risky.  By not grounding the club, if the ball moves when the player did not even touch the grass near it, I would be inclined to rule it as a act of God.  If he grounds the club or takes a practice swing in the immediate vicinity, then I call the penalty.  That is still true even under the theoretically less penal rule in today's rule book.  Reverting to the previous version wouldn't change that in any significant way. I have been in a windy situation where the ball sitting up in heavy rough never really seemed to be at rest - it was sort of fluttering with the wind gusts that were moving the grass.  I've also seen a player be penalized (correctly) for causing a ball lying in fairway grass to move after taking a practice swing more than a foot away from the ball.   Every ruling must be treated as a unique incident, and the more you allow the referee latitude in making his decision, the more subjective the rule becomes.  
    • Techniques are usually subjective and personal. Some sheer voodoo.  I find that I tend to spend too much time frozen over a putt and it usually just misses on one side or the other and rolls about two feet past the hole.  Lately I've been experimenting with a method that seems to relieve tension. Standing over a putt, I might make two practice swings,  line up the putt. Then I turn my head towards the target,ascribing an imaginary line i wish to take with my nose. I then retrace that line back to the ball and when my nose is directly over the ball, I take the putter back and make the stroke. No time to think about it, no hesitation, just follow the line, make nasal contact (figuratively) and execute. My nose does not extend back beyond the ball however.  I know, sounds ridiculous, but seems to work.  I seem to recall reading something similar years back where the player looked twice to the target, and executed immediately during the second "look" as a trigger move.
    • As much as I can, I'm Freelance so I've been working events all this month but I did get 18 holes in 2 weeks ago in Chicago and a few hours on the 13th when I was home for 36 hrs. When not working the busy meeting season, I average 6-8 hours a day on the range or on a course.   I will be back at lewisville 18 on the 29th once I land back in Dallas.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

1. 17hoffmanc
      (18 years old)
    2. jamo
      (24 years old)
  • Blog Entries