IGNORED

Should I take a break

brown86
Note: This thread is 3899 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not sure what to do, Been playing golf at late and had some Good scores.... But the last 4/5 rounds have been really bad. I no it's what people call "that's golf" but I feel I'm falling out of love with the game. Getting frustrated and bring the bad out of me. I loved nothing more then play and having a laugh with the lads but it's really getting under my skin at late.

No one can answer this but you. I quit for 2 years at one point because it was making me hate everything. My avatar explains golf in a nut shell. Maybe take a month or 2 off and use the green fees money to get some lessons.

James

I was playing the best golf of my life ( to date) when I hit a wall and started playing really poorly. Took a month off to reset and am now back at it. I think it was a good decision in my case and I'm progressing again and have seemingly made it over the hump. I agree with the previous poster, only you know when it's time to take a break but taking a break can definitely be beneficial.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

When I'm playing badly I figure it's got to turn around at some point and I don't want to miss that window when it comes around.

This year I have become "obsessed" with golf according to my wife.  I am reading, practicing, playing all the time.  I always play Sunday, have league on Monday, and often get in a round Wednesday and an occasional Saturday to boot.  It is because of this I force myself to have a mandatory "off day" every Tuesday, even if I have an opportunity to play that day.  I found if I take a day not to do anything related to golf I can focus away from golf and when I go back at it I am more relaxed.  It also gives me time to focus on other things as well which help "calm the mind" from golf.

In my bag:

Driver: Covert Performance
Super Hybrid : :nike: 2H - 17* Covert Performance

Irons: :nike:Covert 4I - PW

Wedges: :nike:X3X Wedges (52*, 56*, 60*)

Putter: Method Core 1i

Ball: :nike:One RZN

Upgrading Always.

Originally Posted by brown86

Not sure what to do,

Been playing golf at late and had some Good scores.... But the last 4/5 rounds have been really bad. I no it's what people call "that's golf" but I feel I'm falling out of love with the game. Getting frustrated and bring the bad out of me.

I loved nothing more then play and having a laugh with the lads but it's really getting under my skin at late.

It's b/c we (men) are competitive by nature.  Instead of obsessing with improving score, just enjoy it.    It is a G-A-M-E which the main purpose of it is to give us enjoyment.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Originally Posted by MS256

When I'm playing badly I figure it's got to turn around at some point and I don't want to miss that window when it comes around.

Well, when I play badly, my scorecard has a way of disappearing. I don't know where they go.  I swore I put it in my back pocket, in my golf bag, etc..   They must have wings and end up in golf scorecard heaven somewhere in a parking lot trashcan, broken into 30 small pieces.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Note: This thread is 3899 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!