• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brown86

Should I take a break

7 posts in this topic

Not sure what to do, Been playing golf at late and had some Good scores.... But the last 4/5 rounds have been really bad. I no it's what people call "that's golf" but I feel I'm falling out of love with the game. Getting frustrated and bring the bad out of me. I loved nothing more then play and having a laugh with the lads but it's really getting under my skin at late.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

No one can answer this but you. I quit for 2 years at one point because it was making me hate everything. My avatar explains golf in a nut shell. Maybe take a month or 2 off and use the green fees money to get some lessons.

I was playing the best golf of my life ( to date) when I hit a wall and started playing really poorly. Took a month off to reset and am now back at it. I think it was a good decision in my case and I'm progressing again and have seemingly made it over the hump. I agree with the previous poster, only you know when it's time to take a break but taking a break can definitely be beneficial.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

When I'm playing badly I figure it's got to turn around at some point and I don't want to miss that window when it comes around.

This year I have become "obsessed" with golf according to my wife.  I am reading, practicing, playing all the time.  I always play Sunday, have league on Monday, and often get in a round Wednesday and an occasional Saturday to boot.  It is because of this I force myself to have a mandatory "off day" every Tuesday, even if I have an opportunity to play that day.  I found if I take a day not to do anything related to golf I can focus away from golf and when I go back at it I am more relaxed.  It also gives me time to focus on other things as well which help "calm the mind" from golf.

Originally Posted by brown86

Not sure what to do,

Been playing golf at late and had some Good scores.... But the last 4/5 rounds have been really bad. I no it's what people call "that's golf" but I feel I'm falling out of love with the game. Getting frustrated and bring the bad out of me.

I loved nothing more then play and having a laugh with the lads but it's really getting under my skin at late.

It's b/c we (men) are competitive by nature.  Instead of obsessing with improving score, just enjoy it.    It is a G-A-M-E which the main purpose of it is to give us enjoyment.

Originally Posted by MS256

When I'm playing badly I figure it's got to turn around at some point and I don't want to miss that window when it comes around.

Well, when I play badly, my scorecard has a way of disappearing. I don't know where they go.  I swore I put it in my back pocket, in my golf bag, etc..   They must have wings and end up in golf scorecard heaven somewhere in a parking lot trashcan, broken into 30 small pieces.