IGNORED

Titleist DCI 962 - Upgrade

Note: This thread is 3862 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'd start by trying out Titleist's AP2s or the new Mizuno mp54s.  Can't go wrong with either set.

nike.gif  VR-S Covert 10.5*

nike.gif  SQ2 15*

Idea Black Hybrid, 19*

mizuno.gif  MP54, 4-PW

vokey.gif SM 50*, 54*, 58*

nike.gif  Method 001

nike.gif  RZN One

I heard about AP2`s. Are they the same as the old DCI`s ?

I haven`t used Mizuno`s for years. I will go down to the golf course and try a few clubs.

I don`t want to have to change my swing because of a set that looks all sparkly. I just want them to work for me.

I know that off the shelf clubs are a standard for about 80% of golfers, so i will give it a try and reply back.

Thanks for the advice

Yeah, I hear you...

I guess it all depends on what you're looking for.  I have the same set of old DCIs.  They're not the most forgiving clubs, so I decided to go with a set that would give me a little more "help".  But if you like them and hit them well then the technology in either of the sets I mentioned should give you good results.

If I had the cash for a new set right now I'd go with those mp-54s.

nike.gif  VR-S Covert 10.5*

nike.gif  SQ2 15*

Idea Black Hybrid, 19*

mizuno.gif  MP54, 4-PW

vokey.gif SM 50*, 54*, 58*

nike.gif  Method 001

nike.gif  RZN One

Ap1s, Ap2s, or even Titleist CBs would be good replacements.

Driver: :tmade: Burner '08 10.5* 3 wood: :tmade: Rocketballz 15* 3 hybrid: :tmade: Burner Superlaunch 18* 4 hybrid: :tmade: Rescue 11 21* Irons: :tmade: Burner 1.0 5-AW Wedges: :vokey: Spin Milled 54* :cleve: CG16 58* Putter: :odyssey: 2 Ball Blade Grips: Golf Pride VDR white Balls: :titleist: Velocity Bag: :tmade: Audi bag

If you like the size and shape of the 962, you'll probably like AP2 over the AP1.  I played the 962 for a while back in the early 2000s, and it's still a good club.

Don't overlook the importance of finding the right shaft, that can make a world of difference.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Note: This thread is 3862 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!