IGNORED

My Swing (David L Yskes)

David L Yskes
Note: This thread is 3842 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: a few years

My current handicap index or average score is: 90-110

My typical ball flight is: high

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is:  hitting it thin / topping the ball

Videos:

It is what it is

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

when i am hitting off to the left a bit, i am aiming for the far flag... that is just to the left of the black flag...  the video does cut off a bit of the right side, which only matters cuz at the end of the video i am using my PW and wedges and there is a flag / green over there to aim at....  and yes it was quite windy during this video

It is what it is

Hi, firstly to my eyes the glaring issue is an 'over the top' move on the downswing compensating for your rather flat back swing. Actually looking a lot like my swing from a year ago. Maybe have a look at this drill for a starting point:

I'm sure this isn't the best drill and shall leave it for someone more qualified to actually give you further instruction//advice

Henry

yea i did notice i tend to have a flat back swing...  I think its because a few months ago I had a issue with hitting moon shots with all of my irons... So I tried to do a "half" swing and then keep my follow thru low to keep the ball flight low..

Thanks for the video..

It is what it is

yea i did notice i tend to have a flat back swing...  I think its because a few months ago I had a issue with hitting moon shots with all of my irons... So I tried to do a "half" swing and then keep my follow thru low to keep the ball flight low..

Thanks for the video..

No problem at all. The video was really to make you more aware of what you're doing, i wouldn't say it's a real drill to practise let alone a good one.

Have a watch of this video for an initial possible drill. A bit tedious to watch but the point is clear and most of the videos on this channel are pretty informative. Also make sure your grip is not too strong (mine was for ages until last week):

Best of luck! Looking forward to seeing the changes :-)

Henry

Foofader..

So i went to the Range today and worked on the take away, and instantly noticed my ball flight / distance was a lot better..    yes i took a video that i will be uploading too..      best part of the day at the range was while video taping myself, i cranked out my 9iron to about 150 yard lol....

It is what it is

Note: This thread is 3842 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!