IGNORED

New to the forum. What irons to purchase?

Note: This thread is 3865 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

First post here and am excited to get some feed back.

Have owned the Hogan Apex Plus since 2001, was a 4 back when I purchased them. Took a hiatus from actively playing for 4 years to focus on the professional life and now find myself as a 12.1 and don't have the swing control I used to.

I hit a high ball naturally and get a lot of distance, but my shot shaping skills are gone.

I have looked at the Adams CB3 and the Wilson CI11s. Any other irons I should look into to?

First post here and am excited to get some feed back.

Have owned the Hogan Apex Plus since 2001, was a 4 back when I purchased them. Took a hiatus from actively playing for 4 years to focus on the professional life and now find myself as a 12.1 and don't have the swing control I used to.

I hit a high ball naturally and get a lot of distance, but my shot shaping skills are gone.

I have looked at the Adams CB3 and the Wilson CI11s. Any other irons I should look into to?

Don't under estimate the PING G25's. Shot shaping? Yep, you can. A little help if you don't have perfect swing control? Yep, they do.

They feel and look great to me, but may not be your cup of tea, if you are looking for a more classic type iron. But try them first, then say no if they don't meet your needs. Just don't overlook them.

There are a lot of great clubs available there days. I am pretty hyped about the new Titleist 714 AP1s and AP2s that will be out next month. But I think you should try to hit as many different clubs as you can, and then get a proper fitting when you buy. More and more pros are playing game improvement type clubs rather than traditional blades, so there is nothing to be ashamed of playing a club that gives you some help.

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 10.5*, Aldila RIP Phenom 50

Fairway 1: Titleist 913F, 17*, Titleist Bassara W55

Fairway 2: Titleist 913F, 21*, Titleist Bassara W55

Irons: Titleist AP1 714 5-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95

Wedges: SCOR 4161 48/52/56/60, Genius 9

Grips: GolfPride New Decade Red Mid-size on all of the above.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke Slim 3.0

Note: This thread is 3865 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!