IGNORED

Comments on the Nicklaus V-18 club set?

Guest ShadowXOR
Note: This thread is 6106 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Guest ShadowXOR
These are a Costco exclusive for $250 and I think I have decided on them as my "beginners" set. I just wanted to see if I could get more comments on them. You can see them here:

http://www.nicklaus-golf.com/jacknicklaus/mv18.php

Here's an old thread on the clubs:

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4847

I'm really excited and I hope I don't hear horror stories about heads flying off like I have heard with other clubs I had considered getting...

I haven't played with these clubs, but they seem to be fine. Since they are $250, you shouldn't have any problems keeping the heads tightly secured to the shafts. Now would be the perfect time to make some crappy pun about "releasing" the clubhead through impact, but I'll spare you the agony. Your welcome.

Guest ShadowXOR
I haven't played with these clubs, but they seem to be fine. Since they are $250, you shouldn't have any problems keeping the heads tightly secured to the shafts. Now would be the perfect time to make some crappy pun about "releasing" the clubhead through impact, but I'll spare you the agony. Your welcome.

Maybe it's because I'm new to golf but I really have no idea what you spared me. :) So you think since they are $250 they should be of a solid quality to not break?

Guest ShadowXOR
...and the 3 year warranty.

Good point. I can't believe I missed that. Also Costco is really generous about returns, I'm going to go for it.

EDIT: I bought them, they seem really nice. Can't wait to try them out!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi there. I too was lookin at getting a complete set as I am a beginner, and some golf shops showed me the Mega PT set and they seemed pretty decent, but this set at Costco was actually cheaper and I would assume was of similar quality. I was wondering how you like them so far. Another good point is that fact that Costco takes anything back if you don't like it.

Guest ShadowXOR
Hi there. I too was lookin at getting a complete set as I am a beginner, and some golf shops showed me the Mega PT set and they seemed pretty decent, but this set at Costco was actually cheaper and I would assume was of similar quality. I was wondering how you like them so far. Another good point is that fact that Costco takes anything back if you don't like it.

Exactly. I'm not very good still but from what I've played they seem like a great set of clubs and the bag is very nice (from what I can tell). It is handy that you can wear it like a backpack to make carrying easier, it has legs that automatically fold out to catch it, and includes tons of clubs (including hybrids). It seems like the perfect set to me...

I noticed that the 5 and 6 irons are not cavity backs. I was wondering how those are. Are they easier or harder to hit than cavity back irons? Also, are the woods and hybrids graphite shafted?

Guest ShadowXOR
I noticed that the 5 and 6 irons are not cavity backs. I was wondering how those are. Are they easier or harder to hit than cavity back irons? Also, are the woods and hybrids graphite shafted?

I don't have enough experience to tell you how they handle but I can tell you that was one of the reasons I got the set...variety.

I think the wood are graphite shafts and the irons are steel. I'm not sure about the hybrids.

I saw that set at Costco. I think that 5 and 6 are hollow, like a hybrid. If so you'll like hitting those 'yo.

Nike Sweet 16

Callaway Steelhead Plus 19*

Srixon I-701 3-P

Cleveland CG-16 Black Pearl 52* & 58*

Cleveland VP Milled No. 3

Note: This thread is 6106 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!