IGNORED

Forged or cavity back

smetz10
Note: This thread is 3770 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Golfers are like alcoholics....it's hard to admit the have a problem and thus keep drinking. For a golfer it's hard to admit fault and want to blame equipment so they buy newer, more expensive players blades when they should be gaming sgis and investing in lessons.

In the :ogio: Cart Bag :cleve: Launcher 9.5° Stiff :dunlop: 15° 3W Stiff :wilson_staff: D100 / 19 & 22° Hybrids Stiff :adams: CB3 Irons 4-GW Steel :adams: A7OS 54.5° SW :nike: 60/06 V Red LW :cobra: 35" Face Balanced Mallet Putter

If golf clubs were drinks, surely you'd want something to stimulate your palate rather than blitz your perceptions and have you thinking that you're superman.  [Agree that lessons can be a good idea though...]

Exactly....it wasn't til I admitted I sucked is when I invested in a swing coach, got fitted and steadily improved....so much like an alcoholic you wont improve unless you want help or seek to improve. lol great analogy IMO:-D

In the :ogio: Cart Bag :cleve: Launcher 9.5° Stiff :dunlop: 15° 3W Stiff :wilson_staff: D100 / 19 & 22° Hybrids Stiff :adams: CB3 Irons 4-GW Steel :adams: A7OS 54.5° SW :nike: 60/06 V Red LW :cobra: 35" Face Balanced Mallet Putter

What is 'sucked'? A 15 H'cap, a 27 H'cap, or a 4.7 H'cap?  Obviously each of those H'caps may be claimed to be evidence of suckiness so it's all pretty relative. Ain't it? As far as the coach helping you i can take that with a grain of salt. Maybe your own confidence was low, you had no self belief that you could improve so you plateaued out. Then you paid the coach to tell you that 'Yeah, man, good  hit' and now your confidence and skill levels improve.  Of course, perhaps your technique also improved.

I 'suck' too.

I read a quote from a world champion shooter one time that went something like this: Some days I'm fairly happy with my shooting and some days it makes me want to puke. (Fits for golf too).

What is 'sucked'? A 15 H'cap, a 27 H'cap, or a 4.7 H'cap?  Obviously each of those H'caps may be claimed to be evidence of suckiness so it's all pretty relative. Ain't it? As far as the coach helping you i can take that with a grain of salt. Maybe your own confidence was low, you had no self belief that you could improve so you plateaued out. Then you paid the coach to tell you that 'Yeah, man, good  hit' and now your confidence and skill levels improve.  Of course, perhaps your technique also improved.  I 'suck' too.

It was a little bit of everything I guess. I worked on my body as well and my flexibility. People think golf isn't a physically taxing game but it helps to be as fit as you can. Anyways after a 2 month hiatus I took off and started playing some of the best golf of my life. I now hover around scratch and have shot several rounds under par. To say I've plateaud would be selling myself short. There's still alot of good golf and improvement for me to gain yet.

Note: This thread is 3770 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!