IGNORED

An easy/official way to calculate your handicap?

Guest ShadowXOR
Note: This thread is 6099 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Guest ShadowXOR
I'm new to golf and don't even have a handicap yet. However, I like doing things right. I read the Wikipedia article on golf handicaps but it is way too complicated. I want to make sure when I calculate my handicap it is official and correct. Even though I will be golfing "for fun" I will count every stroke and penalty because I want to be able to see how much I improve and have an accurate handicap. I haven't found an easy explanation on handicaps and how you calculate them. Can anyone help me out?

visit this site www.usga.com It is the official handicap tracker of America but if you want an unofficial one that is still very accurate you can view various sites or search google.

I personally use www.greenskeeper.org because it keeps other helpful stats. I think the Usga costs money though im not totally sure because im not american. But un-official ones are free.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

• Administrator
Alternatively, check out Scorecard , available now for Macs and in about two months for Windows.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Guest ShadowXOR
You can track your handicap for free for any course in the US with ncgolfers.com

So your handicap only applies to the specific course you play?

Guest ShadowXOR
I haven't found an easy answer to this. Are nine hole courses rated and if so do they apply to your handicap, or only 18 hole courses? Also, how many games does it take to develop a handicap score, do I get it on my first game?

9 hole courses should have a rating. I think if its all par 3's it wont have a rating, but if its a real 9 hole course you can enter all 9 hole scores and I think that can apply to your handicap. You just choose the option when entering your score if it was 9 hole or 18 hole. Although it would be a good idea to have 18 hole courses in there too.
In My Bag

5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Guest ShadowXOR
9 hole courses should have a rating. I think if its all par 3's it wont have a rating, but if its a real 9 hole course you can enter all 9 hole scores and I think that can apply to your handicap. You just choose the option when entering your score if it was 9 hole or 18 hole. Although it would be a good idea to have 18 hole courses in there too.

Thanks for the info. I will be playing all par three so it is good you brought up the fact that it doesn't count. So once I play my first "real" set of holes it sounds like I get a handicap? And I guess it becomes more accurate and evolves over time the more data you input?

Yes, exactly, your handicap should fully devolop after 10-20 games. It wont be official on your first round because if you shoot amazing and it says your handicap, its not what you usually average. Get about 10-20 games in there and then its a handicap. Good luck!
In My Bag

after you have an established handicap index, each course you play will have a chart that lists the index ranges and what the course handicap is...for example, if you are a 15.4, you will check the chart and 15.2-16.1 will be a 17 handicap for that course. You will get 17 strokes then from the course. Even though your index is 15.4, you will be higher unless you play a course less than 113 slope, which is pretty rare to find.

Driver: 9.5 905R 757 Speeder X stiff
3 Wood: 13.0 Sonartec GS Tour Red Ice 70X
Hybrid: 17.0 Sonartec MD Stiff UST IROD
Irons: 690cb 4-PW w/Rifle 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland 900 Series Gunmetal 50, 54, 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 370g head

Guest ShadowXOR
This is the nicest looking one that I can find (I'm all about looks, that's why I'm on this forum). Does anyone else use it? What do you guys think of it compared to the other ones you have linked to? Thanks.

http://www.golflink.com/

Guest ShadowXOR
Well Golf Link seems really nice from my research even though no one has replied, another very comprehensive site is Digital Divot, but I don't like their look as much.

Well Golf Link seems really nice from my research even though no one has replied, another very comprehensive site is Digital Divot, but I don't like their look as much.

What kind of looks do you like? What is in the perfect look you in vision?? maybe you should create your own website therefore you can be 100% satisfied.

Guest ShadowXOR
What kind of looks do you like? What is in the perfect look you in vision?? maybe you should create your own website therefore you can be 100% satisfied.

That would be too much work.

The site you linked me to looks nice but even after you sign up it still has a huge sign telling you to sign up (when you are already logged in). Plus it's mainly for NC golfers and I'm nowhere close... Also I didn't see all the options on some other sites but that may just be because I haven't put any scores in.

Note: This thread is 6099 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!