IGNORED

New Iron shaft questions

Note: This thread is 6122 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm looking to replace the stock graphite shafts that are in my Burner irons. Just in going by the Shaft Playability Factor I'm not sure where I fall in one of the areas. My swing speed with my driver is pretty much right at 89-90mph, which puts me at 3 or 4 on the SPF flex code. The others are pretty easy. I need both distance and control, so B. I don't have trouble getting balls in the air, but I do sometimes hit them a little low, so a medium trajectory, or 2, and I rarely slice or hook with my irons, so thats a M.

So with all that, I'm either a 4B2M or a 3B2M, and I'm not sure which. The problem comes from the fact that most shafts I'm looking at a 3 is usually a regular stiffness, and a 4 is a stiff.

I'm not looking for anything terribly expensive or top of the line, somewhere in the $10-$15 per shaft area.

One of the shafts I found that falls into my requirements is this one CER FW70 . Does anyone know much about them? Most of the cheaper offerings from Aldila and UST are supposed to help correct for slice. The Grafalloy offering doesn't correct for slice, but does look like it's a high launching shaft, which I don't really think I need.

So, opinions anyone?

In my Grom CC bag
Driver: R580XD 10.5°
Woods: FX 3 and 5
Irons: Burner Oversize 5-9
Wedges: Burner Oversize PW & SW, Pinemeadow Tour Leader 60 °Putter: Pinemeadow BladeBall: D2 Straight

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

In my Grom CC bag
Driver: R580XD 10.5°
Woods: FX 3 and 5
Irons: Burner Oversize 5-9
Wedges: Burner Oversize PW & SW, Pinemeadow Tour Leader 60 °Putter: Pinemeadow BladeBall: D2 Straight

what you want is the distance of graphite shaft with the accuracy of a steel. Take a look in to true tempers tx 90's, there supposed to be the lightest steel shaft out there.
http://www.alphaqbike.com/products/steel/tx90.htm

R5 dual, Diamana blue board 63x
980f strong 3
Maltby Design 18 degree hybrid Project X 6.0
690mb 6.5 precision rifle
Spin milled 52 and 58 RAC 56 tp pro platinum 36" ZUR-C

Don't get a stiff shaft is all your swing speed is is a 90...it's just going to make it harder to hit, especially if you don't have incredibly high trajectory.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Note: This thread is 6122 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!