IGNORED

Driving help

Note: This thread is 6099 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yes, I did.

So you did. I'm sorry. I read it 5 times and didn't see "right" anywhere in it.

I think you have plenty of suggestions to handle at this point so I'll bow out of this one.

Equipment, Setup, Finish, Balance, and Relax. All equal in importance and all dependent on each other. They are the cornerstones of a good golf swing.

So you did. I'm sorry. I read it 5 times and didn't see "right" anywhere in it.

heh, it's alright, if you have anything else feel free to share. I'm taking ALL of this in.

What's in my Mizuno Aerolite Stand bag:

r7 460 10.5*, stock Stiff Flex Shaft
CLK Fli-Hi 17* hybrid, Prolaunch Blue Stiff shaft
Slingshot Tour 21*, DGS300 shaft Baffler DWS Hybrid 26*, Aldila NVS-HL shaft MP-60 5-PW DG S300 shafts Tour Action 900 54*/12* WedgeVokey Spin Milled 58*/08* Wedge...

No, that makes perfect sense to me now. But, maybe I just have no clue what's going on, but wouldn't trying to hit the ball at four or five o'clock push it to the right side directly?

In a perfect world, you want to bring the clubhead back until it is parallel with your target line at the top of your backswing. Alot of people dont have the flexibility, so I would tell you to take the club back to where it is comfortable. Keeping your left arm close to your chest and a flat left wrist at the top of your backswing will keep you on plane without buying any training aides.

In My Bag
Driver: R5 TP 9.5 Diamana
3 Wood: V-Steel 15* UST V2
5 Wood: R7 Steel
Hybrids: Heavenwood 20* UST V2 Rescue Mid 22* UST V2Irons: RAC LT2 5-9 Project X FlightedWedges: RAC Black TP 47* 51* 55* 60*Putter: White Hot 2 BallBalls: One Black

Like the stack and tilt method.

No, not at all. It's just a matter of being able to rotate around the body and not have a outside to inside swing. I don't like the stack and tilt method and this isn't it.

Kinda like this. images are from Golfonline.com

I know I've already gotten a ton of advice, but does anyone have any pictures of what I'm doing wrong and/or how to fix it?

Slingshot Tour 21*, DGS300 shaft Baffler DWS Hybrid 26*, Aldila NVS-HL shaft MP-60 5-PW DG S300 shafts Tour Action 900 54*/12* WedgeVokey Spin Milled 58*/08* Wedge...

I know I've already gotten a ton of advice, but does anyone have any pictures of what I'm doing wrong and/or how to fix it?

Take a look at this picture. Forget about where it says Push and Pull. Try hitting the ball along the yellow line. You are currently most likely bringing the club down on the red line.

Hope it helps some
In My Bag
Driver: R5 TP 9.5 Diamana
3 Wood: V-Steel 15* UST V2
5 Wood: R7 Steel
Hybrids: Heavenwood 20* UST V2 Rescue Mid 22* UST V2Irons: RAC LT2 5-9 Project X FlightedWedges: RAC Black TP 47* 51* 55* 60*Putter: White Hot 2 BallBalls: One Black

So, what I'd want to do is hit it along the yellow line towards the ball, and then the light blue away?

I'm sorry to bring my thread back, but I just caught a piece of advice from another guy on another website about correcting my swing path, and I was wondering if it sounded good. He called it "The Baseball Method."

This is all in the perspective that your left side, if you're righty, is pointing towards second base.

You have your stance (as if you were going to put a club along your toes to see where they were pointing) slightly right of second base, with your clubface pointing towards secong base. When you swing, you should try to hit it over where the shortstop would be positioned.

I swung with my SQ outside for a little bit, and it felt pretty good. Does it sound like helpful advice?

Since I'm going to the final round of the Barclays Classic tomorrow, unfortunately I won't be able to try it out.

To answer your question about the colored lines picture. Just try to swing on the plane of the yellow line and go to your finish. Assuming your finish is ok then you will produce a nice draw. Dont get discouraged though because everything takes time.

As for that baseball method. I dont understand hitting to the shortstop, because if youre lined up like that then your swing should feel like youre starting it out right of second base, nowhere near shortstop. Maybe im not understanding it, but shortstop would be nowhere near your swing...haha gotta love baseball in golf.
Driver FT-3 9deg w/ Aldila NV 65-S
3wood Rescue 3 15deg
Irons R7 TP w/ Flighted Rifle 6.5
Wedges 48deg TA900, 53deg TA588, 58deg TA900
Putter 2 ball center shaftedBall NXT Tour

When I have problems driving, I study these pictures and try to replicate what mikey is doing. The straight front arm is key, as well as the shoulder-turn and the set-up at address. Notice how the club is almost at 90° from his arms at the top of the back swing?

Usually use NXT Extreme's or HX Hot's
Soon to be Home Track : Grey Silo GC (71.5 / 128)

To answer your question about the colored lines picture. Just try to swing on the plane of the yellow line and go to your finish. Assuming your finish is ok then you will produce a nice draw. Dont get discouraged though because everything takes time.

Well I believe by swinging "at the shortstop," it helps me keep me inside. Does anyone else have input on this swing method?

Note: This thread is 6099 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!