IGNORED

Revisiting My First Golf Instructor

The fact that he has a building that has one opening that hits out into a driving range, and the opposite wall has a golf simulator.  The fact that weather will not play a part in my lessons.  Every shot you take using either one is recorded and sent to you by email.  I saw him just over a year ago for the first time, and it has gone downhill ever since.  These weren't great results then, but it was my first lesson.  Hitting a 7 iron then and this is total distance.  Thoughts?

golftrackman.png.aa0659f28664459c4a9b8ddf96434b69.png

BAG:  :cleveland:

DRIVER:  :tmade: Aeroburner Black Head 12.5*

WOODS:  :adams:  Tight Lies 5W & :wilson: Launch Pad 2 7W

HYBRIDS:  :adams: IDEA SUPER S VST 5H

IRONS:  :wilsonstaff: D9 (5-GW)

PUTTER:  :odyssey: Dual Force 550

44 minutes ago, collegefbfan said:

Thoughts?

You need to stick with one instructor as long as they’re not terrible. There’s no blueprint to improving a golf swing and different instructors may see different things as being more important and try to fix them. The end result is you get a hodge podge of things to work in that may not be cohesive or necessarily help you.

If you stick to one instructor and communicate to them as such, they’ll also be able to work out a roadmap to your improvement which is more beneficial in the long run. If a guy assumes you’re just coming in for one lesson you might end up with a band aid.

• Thumbs Up 2

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, collegefbfan said:

I saw him just over a year ago for the first time, and it has gone downhill ever since. 

What has gone downhill?

Have you been practicing properly, filming your swing, working on exactly what he suggested without straying?

1 hour ago, collegefbfan said:

These weren't great results then, but it was my first lesson.  Hitting a 7 iron then and this is total distance.  Thoughts?

My thoughts are that your results/outcomes from a lesson a year ago probably aren't all that relevant anymore. 

And carry distance is far more important than total distance. Total distance is going to vary significantly based on course conditions.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :titleist: ProV1x Left Dash

2 hours ago, collegefbfan said:

The fact that he has a building that has one opening that hits out into a driving range, and the opposite wall has a golf simulator.  The fact that weather will not play a part in my lessons.  Every shot you take using either one is recorded and sent to you by email.  I saw him just over a year ago for the first time, and it has gone downhill ever since.  These weren't great results then, but it was my first lesson.  Hitting a 7 iron then and this is total distance.  Thoughts?

I like to look at the positives.  Overall you are fairly consistent down the center with most shots 20 yards or less off center.  On most fairways that should be in play.  Sure, you had some very short duds, but also if you look there is a good cluster in the 110-125 yard range.  Sure, we would all like to be longer, but knowing your typical shot is more important than trying to hit the 7-Iron 175 Yards.  Just take more club for longer shots and do not worry about it.  Your distances may increase as you improve over time so do not get caught up on that now.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold)