Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pazimmer610

New (to me) Set

2 posts in this topic

Taking 2014 to get my golf game back in check. Clubs got stolen and I just bought a banger set off of ebay for 50 bucks so I can at least hit balls. They are titleist 735cm forged irons. Set is 3-pw. Are these good enough or should I continue to look for a new set? Im gonna get them re-gripped at least. Anyone play these?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Taking 2014 to get my golf game back in check. Clubs got stolen and I just bought a banger set off of ebay for 50 bucks so I can at least hit balls. They are titleist 735cm forged irons. Set is 3-pw. Are these good enough or should I continue to look for a new set? Im gonna get them re-gripped at least. Anyone play these?

Those are good heads, but you might want to have a fitting to make sure the shafts are correct for you (length, stiffness, weight, etc). This will typically make a much bigger difference than the heads. While you're at it, have the fitter check the lie angle as well.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • Ok, so range work tonight wasn't horrible. I did notice a slight backslide in keeping my left hip on the wall. But I think it was a pretty slight move, even so I'll work double hard to make sure I get back to not moving off. I didn't notice until I got home that the camera was a little too close when recording FO Driver swings. Was a really good drive, push draw that carried to the top of the hill. Other than small move off the wall and long swing I'm pretty happy with the swing. This drive was almost exactly the same as the face on drive. Push draw to the top of the hill in the distance. I may be crazy, but it looks almost like I didn't go shallow to steep on this swing. I don't have good software to check that though.   Not bad other than the slight move off the wall and swing lengthened a little. No real insight on this swing either. Swing could have been shorter. But now, something completely different!! Have I mentioned how much I love the pitching technique I learned in Erie?? 
    • I also had this same thought about a month back. I asked my instructor and he said he wouldn't worry about it (probably because he was thinking "get your effing swing right first, you can't fix BAD" lol) and said that it's actually probably in the correct configuration to aid in a slice miss in that the weights are there to prevent the cogwheel effect (inducing the side spin). So with the weight at the toe, if I hit the heel it should move back farther than the toe on impact and have less slice spin. I think I have that right, maybe I'm loony. 
    • Ha ha. I thought for a while that I wasn't as bad at golf as I was at counting to 5 (or 7 or 8). Sadly, Game Golf confirmed the high scores are real. I feel bad for the owners of the golf courses when they get hit by a drought. I guess the same can be said for anyone who's business depends on appropriate weather (farmers, ski resorts). I wonder how difficult it is to bring a course back to shape when it gets that dried out.
    • If you can get fitted for long clubs - even if you pick them up used - this would help your game the most. BTW, the TommyA 845 irons are #1 on my list of cool golf clubs I've never owned. (People have let me hit them, and they had good feel!) 845s will get you through the first couple of return seasons, or maybe longer! On FWs, at least hit a 4W and see how it flies. Some golf tests indicate that the average golfer can hit the 4W more reliably and sometimes longer than a 3W. It just depends on how you come into the ball. I have carrried 4W + 7W for four seasons now.
    • Literally... From June 1 to July 10 Trumansburg NY was the driest place in Upstate NY.  I have no reason to believe that has changed.  We got rained on for about an hour yesterday and overnight, but not enough to do anything useful.  I've never seen the golf course this brown or the ponds so low... if I wanted to get my feet muddy, I could have grabbed about 10 balls... they were probably all mine anyway. Figuratively.  I just played my third consecutive terrible round.  Every time I play seems to be the worst round of my life.  They only reason I kept score was because I got a Game Golf belt unit and wanted to try it out.  I like it: I can't count very high without help.  Anywho... I decided t take a week or two off from golf, not touch the clubs, and recharge a little bit.  I may, in that time, do a grossly inappropriate rain dance because hey... you never know.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

1. Erg
      Erg
      (49 years old)
    2. irishmike27
      irishmike27
      (37 years old)
    3. Tutenharman
      Tutenharman
      (27 years old)