IGNORED

Mizuno MX-25 Vs Cobra FP

Note: This thread is 6115 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Morning guys,

I'm new to the forum and need some advice from you guys.

I'm thinking about getting a new set of irons. Currently I play with RAC OS2. I've been doing some research and I narrow it down to MX-25 and Cobra FP. I normally get my club at Dicks however to be honest I can't feel the difference when I tested the clubs there.

1. Any advice on MX-25 Vs. Cobra FP?
2. Dicks offers $124 for my club on their trade up program. I can only play with just 1 set at a time and don't planning on switching back and forth. Would you guys do it? I bought the RAC OS2 from Dicks brand new for $399.
3. Thanks

Steve

...Honestly?... Find a shop that carries both, and spend some quality time hitting both... Decide based upon which YOU hit better, not what others tell you.... And if you can, see if you can take a demo set out to play a round. That will really help you decide. Just MHO...

FWIW I have the MX25 and love them...

WTIB:
Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5° Scads of shafts - now: Kai'li 63 stiff
Tour Edge Exotics 3 & 5 FW
Callaway X-22 Tour irons
Bobby Jones 3 & 4 hybridsRife Abaco/Odyessy Black Series i9 puttersWith a few more hangin' around

I demo'd both, wasn't much difference, maybe the FP's are a little more forgiving. But the Mizuno's are forged, so they have a bit more feel. Pretty equal.
I would try them both and pick the one that suits you best.....

Somewhere in here not too long ago there's a thread where the guy was considering both of these clubs.

I'd also recommend you hitting them yourself. What someone else may prefer may not be the best for you. Both are good clubs and both would fall into the "game improvement" category. The Mizunos are forged and perhaps may be a touch less forgiving although I'm not certain on that as I don't have much experience with the Cobra's.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Well i tried both. i liked the cobra's forgiveness. but i had alot more feel with the Mizunos. To me you can't beat the feel of a sweet hit with any of the Mizuno clubs. Forged clubs are great. But they are not for everyone. I will say that i don't think the Mizunos are as forgiving as people give them credit.

But i would definitely try them both out, and many others. you don't want to spend $500 plus on something you don't like or can't hit. try them all in you price range.

Driver- 580XD
3wood and 5 wood- Wal-Mart special
Irons- MX-25 4-pw
Wedges- MX-25 gw 51* 588 56*
Putter- DFX5500

I have the MX-23 and though they are forgiving they are not that forgiving. The cobra FP in my opinion are way more forgiving. I hit the cobras at a demo day for a good hour and I was really close to buying them. But i got a really good deal on my mizunos.

Before I had the mizunos I had a set of cleveland launcher LP. I could hit the crap out of every iron in the bag, now with the mizunos im replaing things with hybrids and its a pain. I may still go with the cobras because the price is awesome. But im also looking at Pings.. BUt thats another story...

All in all you need to hit them and see what you like better. I personally think the cobras are more forgiving, but the mizunos have an amzing feel to them on a good clean shot, but if you hit them bad, a nasty stings comes through the shaft....

Good luck!

Note: This thread is 6115 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!