• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
wedda

Shaft will only go half way down my hosel

wedda    0

Hello fellow golfers,

I just fitted my 0.355 hosel driver head with my 0.355 shaft but it would only go half way down.. Is this a problem or will it last?

About 1 inch went down the driverhead but after that, there is a aluminium ridge that my shaft wouldnt go down into.. I sandpapered my shaft but still it wouldnt go down that extra inch.. Anyone done this before and it went okay?

Let's just say the driverhead is about 2 inch deep so I filled 1 inch.. On the driverhead I had before, it bottomed at 1 inch..

Best regards,

Lihu    542

Hello fellow golfers,

I just fitted my 0.355 hosel driver head with my 0.355 shaft but it would only go half way down.. Is this a problem or will it last?

About 1 inch went down the driverhead but after that, there is a aluminium ridge that my shaft wouldnt go down into.. I sandpapered my shaft but still it wouldnt go down that extra inch.. Anyone done this before and it went okay?

Let's just say the driverhead is about 2 inch deep so I filled 1 inch.. On the driverhead I had before, it bottomed at 1 inch..

Best regards,

Are you sure it's not a 0.335T head?

0.020 inches is a lot, but that might account for it?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Lihu    542
Tapered 0.335 The more standard size for drivers is 0.335.

wedda    0
Never mind.. The head is made like that.. There is a aluminium Ridge that stops the shaft from going more than 35mm.. Maybe I should've out epoxy in the hole as well.. We will see if the head flies off the shaft =)

Lihu    542

Never mind.. The head is made like that.. There is a aluminium Ridge that stops the shaft from going more than 35mm.. Maybe I should've out epoxy in the hole as well.. We will see if the head flies off the shaft =)

Is it an insert?

LBlack14    21
1st the .335 is parallel not tapered. 2nd, it's there for a hosel weight to achieve a target swing weight.

Lihu    542
1st the .335 is parallel not tapered. 2nd, it's there for a hosel weight to achieve a target swing weight.

Then it's probably not aluminum, unless they want to go lighter???

EDIT: Strange that there would be anything down the hosel made of Aluminum.

wedda    0

The guy I bought the head from told me it's an aluminium ridge down the hosel, so I just need to put it down 35 mm then it will work just great.. I haven't tried the club at the golfcourse yet..

I had a geek driver head before with the shaft, and that was 35 mm deep.. so it seems to be legit.. :)

Thanks for all the input though!