Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Club reshaft question

1 post in this topic

So my driver requires .335 tip and I took it to be re shafted and I see the specs on the shaft say its a .350 tip. How did that fit?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • Thanks for the warning. I use it a lot when I'm looking for some place new. I'll be more careful on rate comparison next time. I also use Golfzing which has much lower fees, but has many less courses. I've noticed some of the locals (Oceanside Muni is one) putting up their own website.  Maybe if you know where you are going to play,    
    • I can hit my 4 hybrid 210 yards on a solid strike, 20% loft Calloway XR. I can't hit my driver more than 180 without an exceptional bounce and roll.  I play kind of a short course, so I don't actually mind leaving the driver home and using the hybrid, but on the other hand, it is very frustrating. Any ideas for what causes this?  One thing is that the ball flight on the 4 hybrid is lower than the driver. I have this tendency to hit pop flies on mishits with the driver.  The other thing is that the 4H has a small head, maybe it forces me to hit the sweet spot. The ball flight is straight as an arrow too, unlike my usual "pronounced fade" with on or two slices per round I get with my driver. It's kind of funny, I left the 1 wood in the car the last nine I played, and played mostly bogie golf. That driver is costing me a ton of strokes, with my chipping being the other thing that keeps me from being a solid bogie golfer, which has always been my goal.
    • It is THE most important thing to me. When playing qualifying competitions, I don't care about winning or placing, I care about whether my score will increase or decrease my handicap.  
    • If handicap is important to you, then it IS. I am of the opinion that there is no need to baby your desire. There is no need to 'force' non-chalance. You will find that playing non-chalantly will help you score better (as you are) for a while but it is hard to hold on to the non-chalance when you start competing for more serious stakes. Wanting to improve and score better puts pressure on you and makes you play bad than so be it. Over time you will become more comfortable with it. Don't become a mouth pouting, club throwing, hissy fitting weirdo but it's ok to expect. You should expect. Let her fly.
    • I don't know if you're playing in tournaments or small cash games, if not I'd encourage you to because it gives you a different perspective about your handicap and index.  A few years ago I was like @bkuehn1952, obsessed with lowering my handicap and because of the people I played with it was easy because they encouraged taking gimmes, etc to "speed up the game". The problem was my handicap became a vanity cap and there was no way I could legitimately play to it, which became obvious when I played in some tournaments and cash games.  It was then I realized the real purpose of handicap wasn't so much to track your progress, but to put you on equal ground with competitors at different handicaps. Handicap Index (10 lowest scores over last 20 rounds) doesn't really tell you much about your game, especially depending on the time frame those 20 rounds were recorded over.   I'm now more concerned with my scores as an average over a month period and overall performance each round, number of birdies, pars, bogeys, doubles, and the stats from each round, fairways, GIR, total putts, etc.   
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

1. billymo2
      (24 years old)
    2. bostonboy9416
      (16 years old)
    3. kpaulhus
      (29 years old)
  • Blog Entries