IGNORED

around the green

Note: This thread is 6088 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

While I am playing i will often either come up short of the green or carry the green. When i chip sometimes i get the ball nice and tight, but other times it releases 5-6 feet by the hole. So my question is, how to you get the ball to check up?

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

When pitching, try hitting down into the ball with no divot, or a divot just after the ball. You need a good lie to play spinning shots anyway
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

I play the ball off the right ankle, hands near my zipper. I cock the wrist back ever so slighty and do a putting stroke with the arms locked and just use the shoulders.

Finish position

Superquad 9.5 Stiff
G5 3 Wood Stiff
MP-57 3-PW
R-Series 56 Wedge
52 & 60 WedgesWH #5

Thanks for the tips, I'll try them out when i get the chance

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

I close the clubface, and throw my whole body a little into it, its hard to explain. But it works.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

You arent going to get enough spin on a 30yd chip to stop the ball dead. No pro in the world can do that. You would be better off spending your time chipping and working on trajectory to control run out distance.
In My Bag
Driver: R5 TP 9.5 Diamana
3 Wood: V-Steel 15* UST V2
5 Wood: R7 Steel
Hybrids: Heavenwood 20* UST V2 Rescue Mid 22* UST V2Irons: RAC LT2 5-9 Project X FlightedWedges: RAC Black TP 47* 51* 55* 60*Putter: White Hot 2 BallBalls: One Black

You arent going to get enough spin on a 30yd chip to stop the ball dead. No pro in the world can do that. You would be better off spending your time chipping and working on trajectory to control run out distance.

+1

also since you said you're missing greens, that's not a matter of not being able to check the ball. you just need to figure out your distances with your clubs better and become more consistent in that regard... as for chipping around the green. you won't be able to get enough backspin to check it up right away so you will have to account for bump + RUN or play it high (flop shot) so the trajectory can land the ball softly. btw: flop shot = no need to open face.. maybe slightly but square is okay.. the important part is to have your hands BEHIND the ball.. this is what lofts the clubface the most... besides that just keep practicing around the green on your practice chipping green or whatever it is that you have.. if you don't have one... go out on the course when it's not too crowded and stop around the greens and practice a couple shots

XTD Pro - 9.5* - GD YSQ
GS Tour - 15* -GD Red Ice
Rescue TP - 17* - Fujikura TP
Idea Pro Gold - 20* - Mitsubishi JavlnFX
MP-30, 4-PW - Standard Lofts / 2* flat - TT DG RAC Z TP (54*/10*) X-Forged (60*/10*)Scotty Cameron TeI3 - 35"

Note: This thread is 6088 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!