• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joshperkins54

My Driver started Whistling?

3 posts in this topic

I play with (or did rather) a Titleist 910 D2 Driver.  I absolutely Loved this club, I seemed to have better control with this driver than any other that I have ever hit.  All of that aside, while playing a round one day on the 10th Tee after my drive, I could hear a high pitch whistling type of noise coming from my driver.  I could not figure out if it was coming from the head of the club or the shaft.  After a minute or so of my buddy and me with our ear to the head of this club it stopped.  I was a little concerned but didn't bag it, because what could I do at this point anyway?  So I get home and spray it with soapy water to look for any cracks in the head, and found nothing, so I submerged it, no bubbles or signs of cracks anywhere.  The club still feels great, doesn't seem to have lost the "trampoline" effect.  Over the next few rounds though it has seemed to have lost quite a bit of distance.  I thought it was me, but I tried a different driver and got my distance back.  I switched to a Taylormade RBZ Tour and was back in the 270-280 range I used to be.  So, after all of this (probably unnecessary) explanation, my question is this.  Can a club just go dead?  Has anyone else had an experience like this?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Maybe its in a happy mood...

Seriously though, I have heard drivers can go dead before but never had one do it to me

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The whistling sound odd, almost like the head was pressurized... On the Titleist web site there is a forum you can join.  Might be worth asking there.  Perhaps, if it is a pressurization issue, there is a way to restore it?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • 1. I remark on PP's good shots, and stay quiet on the bad ones. I don't say "good shot" just because I hear good contact ( the ball may be 40 yards off target). 2. I use my PP's names regularly (especially if just-met)...Dale Carnegie training 'the one sound each and every person loves is the sound of their name" 3. Mark someone's ball, replace a divot, rake a bunker (esp if he's thinned it over the green) 
    • Phil had diarhia  of the mouth yesterday, giving a reason for the poor play of he and tiger in 2004 RC as not being prepared to play and test Tigers golf ball that is "higher spin" versus his low spin ball.  Plausible only with Phil.  4-5 hours??? Puh-lease. I have been involved in 3rd party testing of golf balls and i can actually say that Phil is full of Sh*t here. The overall difference in spin from tour caliber golf balls, rememebr we are going back to to 2004, the diference is insignificant off the driver, from eight iron on down to wedges the spin characteriscs averge out  from one one spinny tour ball to and the next low spin tour ball is less than 5%. in other words a 5000 RPM wedge shot with the higher spin ball would be 4750 RPM at the worst case scenario.  Remember these are 20o3-04 golf balls, the TA and PV1 are just a couple of years old at this point. Phil likes to talk, I get that, I like the guy, but please just shut up about ball spin and admit you ( and tiger) played badly, too much limelight for both is much more plausible. Two thumbs up for Hal  Suttons response too.   In alternate shot, you play with one ball, and that was the issue, Mickelson said. "[Woods] found out the year before when we played at the Presidents Cup in 2003 that the golf ball I was playing was not going to work for him," Mickelson said. "He plays a very high-spin ball and I play a very low-spin ball, and we had to come up in two days with a solution. "So I grabbed a couple dozen of his balls, I went off to the side, and tried to learn his golf ball in a four- or five-hour session on kind of an isolated -- one of the other holes out there trying to find out how far the ball goes. And it forced me to stop my preparation for the tournament, to stop chipping and stop putting and stop sharpening my game and stop learning the golf course, in an effort to crash-course and learn a whole different golf ball that we were going to be playing. "In the history of my career, I have never ball-tested two days prior to a major. I've never done it. It doesn't allow me to play my best. What allows me to play my best is to learn the course, sharpen my touch on the greens, sharpen my chipping out of the rough and ball striking and so forth. "Instead, I'm taking four or five hours and I'm out trying to learn another ball to allow us to play our best. Had we known a month in advance, we might have been able to make it work. I think we probably would have made it work. But we didn't know until two days prior."
    • I played baseball at a big 10 university for 4 years, tennis for 40 years, and learned to play golf at a very young age but did not play frequently in my younger years.  Accordingly, I am athletic and have a decent game for my age group now.  Extremely accurate but not long by any stretch.  When I was 60, I started to take golf seriously (Like most people getting close to retirement age) and really can't complain about my game.  The one thing that took me forever to learn and understand is:  "Feel is NOT real."  What you THINK you are doing is NOT really what you are doing.  So......I would advise any player who wants to improve their game to, have some video taken of your swing and watch it.  You will be amazed.  Your swing will be NOTHING like you think it is.  (LOL) 
    • That's great! Is your season ending too? I'm going to be sad to see it end.   Thanks, everyone! He played well yesterday (tied for 2nd out of 21 players) and today he's playing 2 hours away at the "hardest course in our state", according to his coach. Yikes! 
      After today, he will be practicing for the championship. We're going to go play the course on Sunday. (By we, I mean him and his teammate - with me driving the cart.) ;)
      The tournament is Thursday, so we have a week to get ready. 
      Here's a nice hit from yesterday.   
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

1. mahariji_slice
      mahariji_slice
      (35 years old)
  • Blog Entries