IGNORED

Taylormade R7 425 TP or not...

DDBowdoin
Note: This thread is 6098 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys... I'm just in a complete rut with the driver, nothing seems to be working and I'm just looking to spend a little bit of money on another club. I've heard a lot of good things about the TM 425 TP... I'm not looking to spend that much on a club this time around and have been searching all over ebay. Is the TP a lot different than the standard version? Both are going for under 200 but I keep losing my bids at the last second, it sucks.

Just wondering because I can get the standard version for around 100 bucks.

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

I play the TM r7 quad, and the head is just a touch smaller than the 425 I think. Its a top performer and I absolutely believed in it until I hit a friends Cobra Speed driver in a round a few weeks ago.

I haven't gone shopping yet, but I guess my point is that you should hit the r7 and some of the newer drivers before deciding. If I were shopping today, I might not end up with the r7 on cost-benefit basis alone.

Heaven is 630 a.m. Saturday morning, 65 crisp degrees headed toward a comfortable 80, first tee (elevated, of course) . . . and not another worry in the world.

Driver: r7 quad/10.5 degree, stiff shaft
3W: Steelhead III, stiff shaft
7W: r5, stiff shaftIrons (2-SW): ISI K/Black dot, stiff shaft,...

187.90 including shipping for a 9.5 Taylormade R7 425 TP REGULAR, I think I got this for such a cheap price because TP and a regular shaft are sort of an oximoron. I never planned on keeping the stock TM shaft anyways so I figured what the hell.

compared to the steep 699.99 price tag I think I came away with a steal here. Does this sound to good to be true? The seller is a power seller, 100% positive feedback and has sold almost 9000 items under his membership since 1999.

Daniel Duarte
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

oh yeah forgot to mention, listed as brand new... pictures show head still in plastic, all labels still on shaft.

Daniel Duarte

are you getting it from ebay?

reason i ask since ive noticed ever seen ebay started, that when most items are a couple minutes away from over some "mysterious" guy always bids higher, happens most of the time when the reserve price is not met or a couple hundreds away from it.

yeah I picked it up off of ebay... it was a bidding war at the end, I won with a single second left

he emailed me the serial code, called up TM and they confirmed it was a legit club. I just dont understand how they can have the retail price so high online and people are selling these on ebay so cheap... are they stealing the clubs?

Daniel Duarte

so Dan, what's going to happen to that 905r?

HiBore XL Tour 10.5* Fujikura Speeder 652 Tour Spec X-Flex
HiBore 15* FW Aldila 70-S "Proto By You"
Hibore 2i Aldila 80-S "Proto By you"
MP-67 3-pw *Project X 6.0
MP-R Black Nickel wedges 52*-7 56*-10 60*-5 *Project X 6.0 GM2 Exchange #6 Staff Bag

haha, I like the way you think brother. I've learned my lesson of giving up clubs, the hard way. I'm going to keep it and use it as an experimental club... throwing in some of the lesser known manu's shafts, good friend of mine owns a golf repair shop and gets me good deals.

Daniel Duarte

the only downside with the TM driver I just picked up is the seller isn't including the complete TP weight system, are all of the weight kits out there the same or is there a specific TP version for the 425?

just want to make sure before I buy a set made for the superquad and then squander a 100 bucks

Daniel Duarte

worst case scenerio is buy a kit from ebay? i've read some reviews about the r7 425. Some people at first have problems adjusting to it but after changing weights around they luv it..

just a thought to keep in mind.
HiBore XL Tour 10.5* Fujikura Speeder 652 Tour Spec X-Flex
HiBore 15* FW Aldila 70-S "Proto By You"
Hibore 2i Aldila 80-S "Proto By you"
MP-67 3-pw *Project X 6.0
MP-R Black Nickel wedges 52*-7 56*-10 60*-5 *Project X 6.0 GM2 Exchange #6 Staff Bag

a friend of mine has it and after taking some swings with it I just had an easier time turning over the smaller head, it's going to take some time getting used to the smaller head after a couple years of 460cc

Daniel Duarte

yeah I picked it up off of ebay... it was a bidding war at the end, I won with a single second left

hope it works out well for ya! I, too wonder how they get it to sell soooo much less than others.

I played a quick 9 this morning (pouring rain) and I got to thinking as I walked by the many bags just left outside the clubhouse. I never leave my clubs out of my site for more than 30 seconds, no matter where I am... cheapest of cheap muni or the 4 star courses. A lot of the posts on ebay are auctions with a headcover but not the wrench or any extra weights. They all have pictures of the serial codes and they almost always check out but it makes me think some guy got his driver swiped when he thought it was a good idea to leave his bag around as he drank 2-3 beers in the clubhouse. To go from 699.99 - 799.99 down to 2 bills just seems fishy but if you go through the rights channels, high rating, power seller, good history then its hard to lose.

Daniel Duarte

Note: This thread is 6098 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!