IGNORED

What Would You Do To Make The PGA Tour More Exciting ?

play4him
Note: This thread is 6069 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote: Originally Posted by Mikey make them pay to enter the tournaments, so they have a vested interest in if they win or lose. Players pay their own way to travel to and lodge themselves at each tournament. They are already vested.

Not to mention they don't get paid unless they play well.
I'm only at 13 clubs in the bag, what do you reccomend as a 14th? My foot wedge?

In the bag:
Driver - HiBore XL 10.5* Reg. Flex Fit- on Fuji GoldWoods - Tightlies GT2: 3 wood 15* & 5 wood 19* Surpass 7 wood 24*Irons - Eye 2 4-PW & a cheesey 1 iron blade I use for punch...

I'd like to see more tournaments become match play tournaments...where anyone could win, not someone who can go low 2 or 3 rounds out of 4. I like the comment about course conditions - bring up the rough! Also, tell them to stop whining - why are they complaining about playing 4 weeks in a row? I don't complain about having to work 4 weeks in a row (well, I do, but noone cares!). I mean c'mon...it's a GAME, and you're getting PAID TO PLAY IT. How about we let the European commentators work the telecasts....they're great...and Johnny Miller...hoo-man, that guy makes me sick, almost as much as Jim Nantz.

Driver: Titleist 905S/9.5/Fujikura Speeder Stiff
3W: Titleist 906FT
Irons: Ping i10/Red dot
Wedges: Cleveland CG12/54/60
Putter: Odyssey XG RossieBall: TaylorMade TP Red

Rosie O'Donnell is looking for work, I hear. So is John Daly.

It is a sad statement on the status of education and imagination among our readers to think I needed to be "more specific". If I say "naked cheerleaders" and your first thoughts are O'Donnell and Daly then I suggest psycho-therapy ASAP!

Sub Par

1. Put mikes on the players and include their on-course chats with caddies, full of all the colorful wit and all. You gotta portray the drama of the moments.

that would be awesome, and the first Golfer I'd mike up would be Woody Austin, boy could you hear him now "freakin putter sucks, let me break it over my metal head here and see what happens, freakin Cleveland driver sucks too, and so does Tiger by the way, what you looking at Johnny Miller"

all truth be told, I'd like to see this at least at the tee box, or on the greens, have their caddies miked up so they (the golfer) wouldn't be carrying around all the equipment thats needed for being miked up.

I think that the mikes would be a graet idea, I've always wondered about the content of conversations over a shot between player and caddie.

Also I think that more matchplay events would be brilliant. Its so much more exciting than stroke play. It might also solve the fatigue "problem" too, Play really well and you might not have to play the full 18!
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Maybe form some way of showing the actual flight path of the ball (hopefully nowhere as cheesy as the blue puck in hockey years back).

Watching golf, you see a guy swing, then a camera shot on a ball backgrounded by the sky, which truthfully could be the same stock footage from 20 years ago, then land. A viewer never gets to truly see and appreciate how these guys work the ball.

Just a lurkers 2 cents

G5 driver
X 3w
Big Bertha '07 5w
MX-25 4-GW
Kite Custom 56* SW Karsten Anser 2 GROM stand bag

Maybe form some way of showing the actual flight path of the ball (hopefully nowhere as cheesy as the blue puck in hockey years back).

During the Solheim cup on hole 16 they had something like that. After the shot they would show a replay that would have a red or blue trace coming out of the ball so you could see the entire flight. It was class.

Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Note: This thread is 6069 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!