IGNORED

The Marker, the Lucky Charm and the Stories.

fusioncal
Note: This thread is 6063 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For most of you golf ball marker may have a deep meaning. A simple coin for marking a ball, but it always reminds you of that specific occasion. Perhaps that coin came from your visit during that memorable golf tournament in 1990 or simply it's a gift from someone close to you.

Some superstitious golfer even treat them as a lucky charm during golf rounds. I honestly believe that this makes each one of us as an unique individual golfer. A golfer with a belief and stories.

So, here's a thread dedicated for all passionate golfers out there. What's your ball marker, lucky charm, and the stories?
What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

my ball marker is a coin Phil Mickelson gave me. Since I'm a lefty I was so thrilled to get it. Funny thing was. He was just being a nice guy. It wasn't even on the golf course. I was just through hitting the back nine. And he came in the clubhouse. I was short 12 cents and didn't want to break a 50 and lefty gave me a quarter. I broke the 50 of course after he left and kept the quarter ever since. That was 5 yrs ago.
What's in my bag?

PING G5 driver......125 shipped
Ping G5 3 wood.....110 shipped
Taylormade RAC LT irons 3-PW......200 plus shippingTaylor made 2 iron......(sold)Black Callaway golf bag.....(sold)Titlist Vokey Wedge 58* 40 shippedTitlist Vokey wedge 54* 40 shippedAll For sale......If...

my ball marker is a coin Phil Mickelson gave me. Since I'm a lefty I was so thrilled to get it. Funny thing was. He was just being a nice guy. It wasn't even on the golf course. I was just through hitting the back nine. And he came in the clubhouse. I was short 12 cents and didn't want to break a 50 and lefty gave me a quarter. I broke the 50 of course after he left and kept the quarter ever since. That was 5 yrs ago.

Nice! Did he offer you the change or did you ask from him?

What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

Nice! Did he offer you the change or did you ask from him?

He offered....

What's in my bag?

Taylormade RAC LT irons 3-PW......200 plus shippingTaylor made 2 iron......(sold)Black Callaway golf bag.....(sold)Titlist Vokey Wedge 58* 40 shippedTitlist Vokey wedge 54* 40 shippedAll For sale......If...

He offered....

Where was that? Did you talk to him (like why was he at that course)?

COOL!!!
In My Datrek Bag:

Driver: R9-460 9.5°
Woods: Burner 15°
Hybrids: Burner 3,4,5Irons: G10 Gap - 5 ironWedges: cg15: chrome, 56° 60°Putter: Studio Newport 2GPS Unit: Push Cart: 2.0

Where was that? Did you talk to him (like why was he at that course)?

NC, has a bunch of awesome courses. I'm not sure why he was there, I was too star struck to talk to him. Oh and it was at pinehurst NO. 8 Beautiful course by the way. Tony
What's in my bag?

Great story about Phil.

I usually carry one of several foreign coins gathered from trips abroad. I really like the big copper tuppins (two pence) from Scotland, the little silver 20Fr from Switzerland and the Irish 10 penny.

I use a spanish gold dubloon I found while diving in wrecked pirate ship off the coast of Barbados. It's a little large, but it does the trick...
Rynofskie

In My Well-Used Highlander Bag:

Driver:Redline RPM 9.5* Driver - TourLaunch Blue Shaft Rescue: "The Ripper" wal-mart special 3HybridIrons: ADAMS GT500 Undercut Widesole 4-LWPutter: Ray Cook custom mallet putterGuns don't kill people - the proper application of sight alignment, target...

Note: This thread is 6063 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!