IGNORED

HOw do you relax before a round?

Andrew
Note: This thread is 6064 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Today im playing 9 holes with my uncle and my grandpa is walking with us and im wondering how you guys warm up for a round?
I usually take a warm shower to get the blood flowing and i also stretch

In my Warbird Bag,
I have
Burner Driver 460cc 9.5* Stiff
Three and Five Woods
Precise- 21* and 24* hybridsCCi Cast Irons-4-AW 52* and 56*/14 Vokey 60*/8and i play TP Black or ProV1

If it's a morning round, I will have a smoothie or 2 for breakfast (the only time I do this is when I am going to play golf) Then the usual preparation, get a few water bottles nice and chilly from the freezer, organize the bag, and wash the clubs, then I stretch (a little) and hit some balls at the range.

I like to go to the course about an hour before my tee-time, chat with the staff, and cart girls. Most clubhouses are very comfortable places to be. I usually run into people I know, soak in the scenery, listen to the sounds of the golf course. I head to the range about 1/2 before my tee-off, hit some balls, chip and putt.

If this all seems calculated - it's not, just a casual routine which usually happens when I go, if it doesn't who cares. The name of the game is RELAXATION.

In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade Burner 9.5* Stock Stiff
5 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel Aldila NV Stiff
7 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel Stock Steel
4-PW: TaylorMade R7XD Stock Stiff Steel48* Wedge: Callaway Forged52* Wedge: Founders Club60* Wedge: Founders ClubPutter: Odyssey DFX 6600Balls: Titleist ProV1 & DT SoLo

Glenlivet 18

HiBore XL Tour 10.5* Fujikura Speeder 652 Tour Spec X-Flex
HiBore 15* FW Aldila 70-S "Proto By You"
Hibore 2i Aldila 80-S "Proto By you"
MP-67 3-pw *Project X 6.0
MP-R Black Nickel wedges 52*-7 56*-10 60*-5 *Project X 6.0 GM2 Exchange #6 Staff Bag

TURN OFF the frigin cell phone.... maybe a quicky from the cart girl......lol
after that some shoulder, back,and arm stretches... then if possible hit at least 10/30 shots from the range and then chip a doz and putt a few. walk around and chat and get some water and a snack and get ready, then mark my ball, that pretty much gets my mind set to play.... and the last thing after your round is to stretch again, at least for us older guys...lol
Team Santa Cruz, CA......

SPONSORS......
PING
FOOTJOYPAY-PAL VISABLUE CRUSH SPORTFISHING

Get to the course with enough time to putt, pay for the round, hit range balls, chip, and putt again without feeling rushed.
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

ehh id say im probably the worst at relaxing when i play but hey if i really try to relax what ill do is

take out 6 of my beautiflly marked pro v1s and putt 10 5 ft putts in a row from 4-8ft away from all sides of the hole

then go get a bucket of balls chip from little bump and runs to 100 yds then hit probably 10 150-180 yd shots then hit 3 iron then hit about 10 drives if my drives arent shaped the way i want them to ill hit a "mini-drive" thats where i just do a very little swing that allows me to shape the ball better then after i get the mini drive shaped shot ill take it to full power

Driver: HS9 F 10° w/ Speeder 553 shaft
Fairway wood: X 3 wood 15°
Irons: 695MB 3-PW
Wedges: Spin milled oil can 56°
Wedges: Vokey oil can 52°Putter: Newport 2 (had 2.5 selling it now pm if u want)Ball: Pro V1 (5,6,7,8)

To relax I usually chew gum or sunflower seeds to take my mnd off the tension some on the first tee. Gary Player once said to toss your ball up into the air and catch it a couple times to focus on eye-hand coordination right before hitting.

Driver: Taylor Made 425 TP 9.5 ProLaunch 65 Stiff
3 Wood: Taylor Made V-Steel 15 deg Stiff
Hybrid: Taylor Made Rescue Dual 19 deg stiff
Irons: Titleist 704.cb stiff
Wedges: 52 deg Cleveland CG10, 56 deg Titleist Vokey spin-milled, 60 deg Vokey oil canPutter: Original 2-ball, Claw grip.

Relax, I'm lucky to make it to the course by my tee time. I take the clubs out of my truck, walk to the pro shop to pay and go to the first tee. On Sunday mornings I will get to the course a little earlier, but I usually prepare for the round by listening to music while eating my breakfast in my car and flipping through Golf Digest.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I usually just stretch and do some yoga before my round. Either that or a few beers.....

Tony

What's in my bag?

PING G5 driver......125 shipped
Ping G5 3 wood.....110 shipped
Taylormade RAC LT irons 3-PW......200 plus shippingTaylor made 2 iron......(sold)Black Callaway golf bag.....(sold)Titlist Vokey Wedge 58* 40 shippedTitlist Vokey wedge 54* 40 shippedAll For sale......If...

I like some of these warm up routines. Around my parts it seems that I'm always feeling rushed before my round and my rhythm suffers. I would like to arrive and hour before my round but my wife would kill me! I've gotten used to just teeing off after some practice swings but I hate it.
my favorite routine posted here so far is Dbakes. I like the part about putting first! That's a good one.

Swing = Stacked and On Plane when possible.
In My Bag:
Driver: Ping G5 9° Alidila NV 75g Stiff
3-Wood: Nike SQ 15° Diamana Stiff (Stock)
Irons: NIKE FORGED SPLIT CAVIY (S300)Wedges: Taylormade RAC Fe2O3 (Rust) 52°/56°/60°Putter: Titleist/Cameron Newport 1.5Ball: Looking for a new...

Note: This thread is 6064 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!