IGNORED

My Swing (AbsoluteTruths)

AbsoluteTruths
Note: This thread is 1148 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

I am thinking of signing up for Evolvr now that I am in the financial position to do it.

That's a good idea. But before you do, pause the first video at the top of the backswing and compare it to what you remember of your "airport lesson" in your avatar.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That's a good idea. But before you do, pause the first video at the top of the backswing and compare it to what you remember of your "airport lesson" in your avatar.

I know what you mean. I am not getting into a full backswing. My old habit creeping back in.

I do not doubt you and Mike's instruction but what does not getting into a full backswing have

to do with push slicing my drives. Just curious. It will help me get it faster.

Doug

• Administrator

I do not doubt you and Mike's instruction but what does not getting into a full backswing have

to do with push slicing my drives. Just curious. It will help me get it faster.

If you lack shoulder turn, your hands don't get as deep as they can. When your hands don't get deep, the circle on which they swing (generalizing here) is oriented more "outward" in the backswing and more "inward" on the follow-through - i.e. they swing left more.

More depth via more turn helps you hit out to the right more.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

If you lack shoulder turn, your hands don't get as deep as they can. When your hands don't get deep, the circle on which they swing (generalizing here) is oriented more "outward" in the backswing and more "inward" on the follow-through - i.e. they swing left more.

More depth via more turn helps you hit out to the right more.

Thanks for the explanation. That make sense to me. Time to get to work on it.

Doug

• 2 weeks later...

Got my first analysis from Evolvr. Been working on my drills to address my "crazy legs". I think this

is really going to help.

Doug

Wow! Took my drills to the range this morning. I am just doing half swings and getting my hips and legs to do the

right things. Then took a few full swings at the end. I got all my power back. I knew when I saw what

my Evolvr analysis found that it was what was causing my power loss. I have never hit a 7i so high

in all my days of golfing. Thanks @cbrian .

Doug

Took my Evolvr lesson to the course today. Shot a 45-51. Hit my irons well but could not make the driver work. And I would not stop using the

driver even though it was not working. My lesson gave me my power back and so even my bad shots went down range. I am

encouraged.

Doug

• 4 weeks later...

My Evolvr lesson is working for my irons. I shot a 43-54. I do not know why I am always following a good front 9 with a bad back 9.

Must be psychological.

I left the driver in the bag and teed off with my 3 hybrid. The change in my swing has made it so I can only hit a big

slice with the driver. I am thinking about sending a driver video this month.

Still very encouraged with Evolvr.

Doug

My Evolvr lesson is working for my irons. I shot a 43-54. I do not know why I am always following a good front 9 with a bad back 9.

Must be psychological.

Might be more along the lines of you slipping into your "old" swing the more you play. Keep hammering away at your priority piece.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I am slipping into my old swing. I am keeping my left leg bent through impact. I filmed myself at the range

but unfortunately I cannot review the video there because of the glare and the small screen( Kodak Play sport).

My legs are my priority pieces. I am bending the left leg too soon in the back swing and I am keeping

my left leg bent through impact. The video is ugly. Any suggestions on drills to stop my crazy legs?

Doug

I have a bad habit of squatting at the top of my backswing. I do not do this unless there is a ball in front of me.

I think that it comes from trying to kill the ball. Has anyone had this issue and know how to fix it?

Check out the transition in this video. It is more pronounced with the driver.

Doug

• Administrator

I have a bad habit of squatting at the top of my backswing. I do not do this unless there is a ball in front of me.

I think that it comes from trying to kill the ball. Has anyone had this issue and know how to fix it?

Yes, do what you do in your avatar, then push your hips forward (toward target).

I quickly went back your old post and you still have a problem with the Driver. (you left it in the bag in one round if I m not mistaken) . With a proper set up usually you can overcome bad habits/lack of power/physical deficiencies and so on. With a bad set up (or not near perfect) you won't swing near your potential ever.

So your Driver Setup:

- your left shoulder is pointing left of the target

- your knees and feet are in line with  the target

even with a perfect swing , the ball will move left to right.

As per general knowledge driver and irons have different angle of attack (AoA) and so swing path directions. As a consequence it is easier for some to use a total different swing.

In the Bag:

D     Cobra Amp Cell Pro 

W    Ping G25

H    Titlelist 910 H

I     Titleist AP2 710

W   Vokey TVD K 60 - TVD K 54 - SM5 50

P    Ping TR Cadence Heavy

================================

"Rumores fuge, ne incipias novus auctor haberi: nam nulli tacuisse nocet, nocet esse locutum"

• Administrator
So your Driver Setup:

- your left shoulder is pointing left of the target

- your knees and feet are in line with  the target

even with a perfect swing , the ball will move left to right.

I prefer to set up with an open stance, and draw the ball from there. Stance helps dictate some things but does not entirely. And nobody makes a perfect swing.

I appreciate that you're trying to help, but pointing out random things doesn't accomplish that goal. Great instructors prioritize properly, give reason for the advice, and try to say things that are real to the student, not just generalities.

I'm not just referring to this one post, though this is the proverbial "straw."

Thanks @iacas do you mean like this for the hip movement?

And as you know I have always had the problem with not getting into a full backswing turn. But this

only happens when I have a ball in front of me.  I am working on a solution to be able to hit balls

at home like a net cage or the ball on a string.

Doug

I prefer to set up with an open stance, and draw the ball from there. Stance helps dictate some things but does not entirely. And nobody makes a perfect swing.

I appreciate that you're trying to help, but pointing out random things doesn't accomplish that goal. Great instructors prioritize properly, give reason for the advice, and try to say things that are real to the student, not just generalities.

I'm not just referring to this one post, though this is the proverbial "straw."

Thanks for your lesson

In the Bag:

D     Cobra Amp Cell Pro 

W    Ping G25

H    Titlelist 910 H

I     Titleist AP2 710

W   Vokey TVD K 60 - TVD K 54 - SM5 50

P    Ping TR Cadence Heavy

================================

"Rumores fuge, ne incipias novus auctor haberi: nam nulli tacuisse nocet, nocet esse locutum"

• Administrator

Thanks @iacas do you mean like this  ​ for the hip movement?

And as you know I have always had the problem with not getting into a full backswing turn. But this

only happens when I have a ball in front of me.  I am working on a solution to be able to hit balls

No, I mean like in your avatar.

Your right hip has to keep going up and turning behind you. You stop doing this very very early. Big part of the reason you swing left and wipe the ball a bit.

Thanks @iacas do you mean like this  ​ for the hip movement?

Yes as @iacas said, keep that right hip turning up and around, throughout the entire backswing.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 1148 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!