IGNORED

David Duval May Play in Viking Classic

Frank-0-Sport
Note: This thread is 6061 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have always been a Duval fan. So I may sound biased, but here is most of his story. For the past several years he has suffered from Vertigo (his doctors said it was the worst case they had ever seen) and a failed marriage. I believe he has turned the corner in getting over both.

As far as the shades go. They were a suggestion from his coach at Ga Tech. David had an older brother who he worshipped. When David was around 11 or so his brother was diagnose with Lukemia. The only close bone marrow match that could be found was David's. Well bone marrow extraction is very painful in my understanding but David endured it the best he could. Well to make a long story short his brother's body rejected David's bone marrow and pretty much shut down. David said he always felt he killed his older brother.

So when David got to college he had immense talent but was an emotional time bomb. He wore every feeling he had on his sleeve and his eyes told the whole story. His coach came up with the Oakley M-Frames as something for David to hide behind and not show his emotions so much. He grew to really like playing in them and has ever since.

Hope this sheds a little light on Duval.

It was several people who commented on his sunglasses, so I wanted to set the record straight. You know, based on my memory of something I may have gotten wrong.

Erik, I believe you are right on with this one. I think it had to do with dust and allergens getting into his eyes.

I have always been a Duval fan. So I may sound biased, but here is most of his story. For the past several years he has suffered from Vertigo (his doctors said it was the worst case they had ever seen) and a failed marriage. I believe he has turned the corner in getting over both.

I had heard much of the same stuff about him. His brothers illness and ultimate death was very tough on David. He ran out of the hospital crying that he had killed his brother. The death also led to his parents divorce which was also very tough on him.

When he got to college he was a prick. He openly said to his coach and team that they would be good if rest of the guys could play worth a damn. There were times when the coach had to intervene to prevent fights. He eventually matured, but has always been a very private person. He has gone through some tough times the past 5 years, but has always been classy. I would love to see him be able to get healthy and rebuild his career. By the sounds of it, he is content with his family life and is unlikely to go back to full time playing.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Note: This thread is 6061 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!