IGNORED

Need some driver help

cemeb4dk
Note: This thread is 6080 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

hello all,

I currently have 2 drivers, the first one is last years nike sasquatch 10.5 with a NVS 65g stiff shaft. The second is a Hibore xl 10.5 with the stock red shaft in stiff.

I had the nike since last year, and could never swing it well, but I have had had a summers long worth of lessons, so my swing is a 1000 times better, far from perfect but much better.

Currently I am hitting the Nike dead straight and carrying 230-240. My cleveland goes about 20 yards farther but has a hook on every swing. I cannot get the Cleveland to go straight.

So Right now I am prefering the Nike in my bag, because I'll take striaght and shorter over longer and left any day. But my question is my NVS shaft holding back the distance out of my NIke. I know the NVS is a high launch shaft, but with my swing it doesn't launch all that higher than the cleveland I actually think it has a nice ball flight without a major angle of descent.

I am thinking of these high MOI heads can't be to different from each other, it has to be the shaft.

So do I reshaft the Nike and with what or do I reshaft the Cleveland?

Thanks for the advice, sorry if it seems long winded.

Driver: G10 10.5 v2 shaft
3 wood: g10
Irons: I5's green dot
Putter: G5 anser
Wedges: CG12, 52*, 56*Ball: : E6+

are they both the same length? I'm not sure of the club swingweight on the Nike SQ but i believe it is a D3? and the Hibore XL is a D5 on red. You may want to check that out as well.. If that is the case, perhaps the heavier club is maintaining more of your swing plane and as a result is causing you to hook.. dont know, just a thought.
HiBore XL Tour 10.5* Fujikura Speeder 652 Tour Spec X-Flex
HiBore 15* FW Aldila 70-S "Proto By You"
Hibore 2i Aldila 80-S "Proto By you"
MP-67 3-pw *Project X 6.0
MP-R Black Nickel wedges 52*-7 56*-10 60*-5 *Project X 6.0 GM2 Exchange #6 Staff Bag

Thanks for the reply, I am not sure on their lengths, but I will check tomorrow, I believe they are the same but not 100%.

As far as your swing weight comment ( excuse my ignorance, still in the technicall learning area of golf.) By saying the Cleveland is D5 it is heavier correct? So by the Nike being lighter I am correcting the swing plane in the downswing? So I am better swinging the lighter club. I feel like I am swinging them the same, but then again it is probably so little of a diff, I can't feel it.

Someone else suggested that maybe the stock red cleveland shaft may not be as stiff as the NVS?

Would the NV shaft or another shaft help my nike get some more distance? Does the higher trajectory NVS take away distance due to the fact that it is a higher launch shaft?

Thanks again for the help.

what is your swing speed?? Really with a drive of 230 yards I dont see the NVS being the wrong shaft since your shot isnt really going that high.. I would see a club fitter in your area and get on a launch monitor to see what you best match your swing..

Goodluck

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

My swing speed is 98mph.

I am thinking of changing out the Clevelands stock shaft for an aldila vs proto, 60g stiff.

Have you tried the Hibore xl with the gold stiff shaft.

Driver: Cobra HS9 X 9.0 YS Stiff
Hybrid: Cobra baffler DWS 16* NV Stiff
Hybrid: Cobra baffler DWS 20* NV Stiff
Irons: King Cobra FP 4-LW
Putter: Cobra Optica SL-01 Ball: Bridgestone B330

Note: This thread is 6080 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!