IGNORED

2015 Sony Open Discussion Thread

tiptv
Note: This thread is 3323 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yea his stroke looks pretty natural doing it. I also gotta say Jimmy Walker has a bad a$$ swing, tempo is awesome and he putts pretty good to.

Great weekend performance by Jimmy. Starting off the year strong again.

Did you see what happened off the tee on 18 in the last round? I saw on Shot Tracker that his tee shot was way left of the bunker. Looked like he was trying to cut the dogleg, but I thought the palm trees blocked a straight shot through the dogleg. Did he hit a wicked hook?

Kevin

The talking heads on GC were talking about JW like he is about to enter the prime of his career after winning just 4 times at 36. Two minutes later they're talikng about Tiger like he is Methuselah at 39.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Did I hear this right? Jimmy Walker has more birdies in the last year than anyone in the PGA ever? (in a full year I mean)

Either way, fantastic title defense & fantastic bounce back from the previous week. He's certainly "in the zone."

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titleist Staff

Yea his stroke looks pretty natural doing it. I also gotta say Jimmy Walker has a bad a$$ swing, tempo is awesome and he putts pretty good to.

Great weekend performance by Jimmy. Starting off the year strong again.

Did you see what happened off the tee on 18 in the last round? I saw on Shot Tracker that his tee shot was way left of the bunker. Looked like he was trying to cut the dogleg, but I thought the palm trees blocked a straight shot through the dogleg. Did he hit a wicked hook?

Saw that! In post-game interview, I was surprised that he said he thought he hit a pretty good shot. He said he really blistered it, but that it ended up shorter than he expected. I think he was trying to put a huge draw on it (so it appeared as a hook to me), but he said he was surprised that it ended up where his swing was obstructed by the low palm tree fronds on his backswing. Obviously he knows the course pretty darn well, because of his two victories there, and he seemed to indicate he hit the shot he wanted. It did look like a total hook though. I wonder how he played it other rounds.

But hell, he still birdied it after hitting his shank recovery shot. That was part of his run of crazy one-putts, I think.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The talking heads on GC were talking about JW like he is about to enter the prime of his career after winning just 4 times at 36. Two minutes later they're talikng about Tiger like he is Methuselah at 39.

Well, how many knee operations has Walker had?

Saw that! In post-game interview, I was surprised that he said he thought he hit a pretty good shot. He said he really blistered it, but that it ended up shorter than he expected. I think he was trying to put a huge draw on it (so it appeared as a hook to me), but he said he was surprised that it ended up where his swing was obstructed by the low palm tree fronds on his backswing. Obviously he knows the course pretty darn well, because of his two victories there, and he seemed to indicate he hit the shot he wanted. It did look like a total hook though. I wonder how he played it other rounds.

But hell, he still birdied it after hitting his shank recovery shot. That was part of his run of crazy one-putts, I think.

So a hook / overdraw was the likely intention and he pulled it a little (relative to his intended starting line).

I bet he wishes they could just play there all year.

Kevin

• 2 months later...
Note: This thread is 3323 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!