• Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
    Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
    • Uhhhhh… I’d bet against him hitting it 43% of the time, especially as he would be aiming away from the bunker left.
    • As I said before, "The scoring averages are going to be a little higher but is not going to make a difference on club selection."  Also remember that normally FIR is 60%, the other 40% is not always rough (hazard, bunker, trees) so in reality that 1/5 is more like 1/15 or 0.066 a hole or 15 yards.   I re-run the numbers but with the exact yards and using rough and the numbers just went up a little bit but the decision making remains the same, Driver is the best choice.  With driver (50 yards from green), from left to righ I considered left of cart path "trees/recovery" because you told us that trees left were tall so I guess if you pull it you are not going to carry them. Rigth of the car path you have 9 yards of rough, 20 yards of greenside bunker, 4 yards of rough, then the 20 yards of fairway, 3 yards of bunker (I considered 20 yards of roll so you are not going to carry the 2nd pot bunker), 18 yards of rough and finally trees/recovery. You are going to hit this fairway 43% of the times. Rough represent only 27% of your shots.  Scoring average increased from 3.78 to 3.83. At this distance theres only 0.15 difference between rough and fairway, that's why I tell you is almost negligible for strategy purposes unless rough is really penal. Here are the rest of the possibilities, also with the exact numbers and rough. Wood:     3iron: 4iron:  Average score for a PGA pro from 355 is 3.91. For an easy hole like this I guess it could be a little lower. 
    • Is there anything specific in the 81 minutes? 🙂 
    • Wordle 1,111 3/6 ⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨 ⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    • Yes, it can. The rough is a fifth of a shot different on the PGA Tour (worth about 60+ yards of distance), and similar to a low single digit handicapper.

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...