IGNORED

What's your average distance compared to your best median carry distance?

Lihu
Note: This thread is 3224 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is you average distance longer than your best median carry?

• Average distance is longer of course!
    • Average distance is a bit longer.
    • Average distance is about my carry.
    • Average distance is lower because mess up here and there.
    • Average distance is much lower because I hit the woods every time!

I suppose the driver is a good gauge. Irons distances usually fall in line with the driver distance.

Just out of curiosity, when do you cut down swings with a driver? I would prefer to choose a smaller club where I can tee up much lower.

Except if you mix irons and driver tee shots on driving holes then the biggest carry is going to be way over the average. This may be what you want, but you should be clear to avoid potential comparison of apples and oranges.

For me, just on full drive attempts, I'm around 1.08 excluding the flubs and it goes up obviously if flubs are included. Also goes up a bit if cut drives and iron tee shots are included. That makes sense to me as you with your lower HCP and playing experience have a more consistently good swing. I still make relatively more errors, though less frequently as I gain experience.

I use cut driver on tighter holes or where a full driver carry would put me closer to trouble. I grip down near the shaft and modify my setup and swing a bit. Result is lower trajectory with tighter dispersion sacrificing about 30 yards carry and 20 yards total distance comparing well-struck shots. I think the big face of the driver is more forgiving than 3-wood. See Hank Haney & Rich Hunt on Driver vs. 3-wood.

Kevin

This is getting too technical.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3224 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!