IGNORED

Long term, do I need to change my grip?

Note: This thread is 6031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't have a camera to take a picture of it but imagine holding a club with your left hand with 3 knuckles exposed (index, middle, and ring). Now shake hands with the right and you will see the same 3 knuckles on the club. Sometimes it feels as if my right hand is a little strong but I can hit it straight like this. I would like to know what y'all think.

Thanks.
What's in my bag:

G5 10.5 degree Driver
G5 3 wood
G5 3-PWTour 52, 56 & 60 degree wedgesPro V1 weapons of mass destructionPinseeker 1500 Rangefinder

if you mean you can see three knuckles on your right hand also, the right hand grip is very weak. now you say that you can hit it straight. all that matters is what happens at impact. that being said, since you are a twenty handicap, and you hit the ball straight, you must be losing a lot of strokes somewhere, unless you're hitting tee shots straight 100 yards down the fairway. in closing, with the information provided, if you hit it straight doing whatever you do, i wouldn't change.

Joe McNulty

5SK™ Director of Instruction, Cape Cod, MA

Driver - D3 9.5

3-Wood - SQ 15

Hybrid - 17 Adams

4-PW - 714 AP2

50, 56 & 60 - Vokeys

Putter - Scotty

Ball - Pro V1x

I hit it straight with decent length (180 yd 5 iron, 280 yd driver) and my major problem is around the green that I am working on. Too many 3 putts. Over this winter, I am going to spend more time on the putting green than range and possibly trying a new putter. I am using a 35 year old putter that I cannot hit consistently. I leave probably 8-10 strokes on the course easy by not getting up and down around the green or 3 putting holes.
What's in my bag:

G5 10.5 degree Driver
G5 3 wood
G5 3-PWTour 52, 56 & 60 degree wedgesPro V1 weapons of mass destructionPinseeker 1500 Rangefinder

id just be sure to not neglect your long game while practicing your short game so much. as far as grip goes, if you have a 10 finger grip its not that bad and you can still get pretty good with it. still an overlapping or interlocking grip gets the hands working together while the 10 finger grip can sometimes have them against each other which can create inconsistency. it takes awhile to fully get used to the change (took me about 300-400 shots on the range) but once you do itll feel as good as your current grip. though it doesnt sound like long game is your problem it still could be a good thing to look into.

Driver: Taylor Made Burner 9.5*
Woods: Callaway X 3 Wood 15*
Hybrids: Callaway X 2 Hybrid 18*
Irons: Callaway X Forged (3-9)
Wedges: Callaway X Tour 54*Wedges: Callaway Forged+ (52*, 56*)Putter: Heavy PutterBall: Callaway HX Tour

Oh yea, my grip is interlocking as well. It feels a little awkward with my right forearm kinda 'rolling' over but when my fade/slice starts to appear, I just roll it a little more and wahhlahh, straight as an arrow. Crazy huh?
What's in my bag:

G5 10.5 degree Driver
G5 3 wood

i would say (and it may or may not be right since i havent seen it) that you have a pretty good grip and i wouldnt change it unless you feel uncomfortable with it.

Driver: Taylor Made Burner 9.5*
Woods: Callaway X 3 Wood 15*
Hybrids: Callaway X 2 Hybrid 18*
Irons: Callaway X Forged (3-9)
Wedges: Callaway X Tour 54*Wedges: Callaway Forged+ (52*, 56*)Putter: Heavy PutterBall: Callaway HX Tour

Note: This thread is 6031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!