IGNORED

My Swing (strom204)

strom204
Note: This thread is 3175 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been playing golf for over 20 years and have always fought inconsistency with my driver and to a certain degree my iron.  Check out my swing and I would love to hear any thoughts on what might make me a better or more consistent player.  Here are links to two videos of my swing.

It's not that your swing is inconsistent, it is. Read this:

Biggest issue I see is that your head drops down a lot during the backswing and you have to pop up to avoid sticking the club in the ground. Have a buddy hold something against your head as a point of reference so you can get a feel for what a steady head really feels like. Address position could use a bit of tweaking a well. The ball is too far back in the stance and your right shoulder appears a bit higher than it ought to be.

Welcome to the site!

Edited by iacas
Embedded

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

SavvySwede- I appreciate the feedback on my swing.  I've always fought with swaying my hips and that seems to be part of what you're pointing out and might explain the head movement.  I started playing the ball back in my stance because my ball flight was really high.  I'm really going to work on trying to fix the head drop in the backswing and see if that also fixes the ball flight.  

I've been playing golf for over 20 years and have always fought inconsistency with my driver and to a certain degree my iron.  Check out my swing and I would love to hear any thoughts on what might make me a better or more consistent player.  Here are links to two videos of my swing.

I'd start with your grip, looks very weak, especially with the left hand. Cleaning that up will certainly help you hit it more solid.

Screen_Shot_2015-10-23_at_10.35.53_PM.th 

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3175 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!