IGNORED

My Swing (mdaugherty24)

mdaugherty24
Note: This thread is 3115 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 20 years, Avidly the last 12 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 6
My typical ball flight is: baby draw
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Slight pull draw

Hello Folks,

Here is a DL video of my swing and just wanted to get everyone's opinion or tips to eliminate the occasional pull shots. Ive lived in Pinehurst NC most of my life and have been very fortunate to get to play over at the Resort every weekend. I'm playing in a Captains Choice on #2 tomorrow which is always a pleasure. My game has been alittle rusty this past year with the birth of my son. Its hard to find time to get out to the range now!

Ive always played with a very strong grip and slight closed club face. I have great tempo and my misses tend to happen when I get to fast or try to jump on a shot. From the looks of the video, seems like I have a bit of chicken wing going on with my right arm at the top?

Any tips or swing thoughts are much appreciated.

Titleist 915D2 10.5°
Titleist 913h 17°
Titleist 913h 21°
Titleist AP1 4-GW
Titleist Vokey SM4 54° and 58°
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar Putter

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome, my swing is perfect :)

Titleist 915D2 10.5°
Titleist 913h 17°
Titleist 913h 21°
Titleist AP1 4-GW
Titleist Vokey SM4 54° and 58°
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar Putter

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, mdaugherty24 said:

Awesome, my swing is perfect :)

It helps to see face-on video too.

Your turning rates appear to be relatively slow in the backswing. Lots of arms, less from turning.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Your turning rates appear to be relatively slow in the backswing. Lots of arms, less from turning.

Yeah check this out @mdaugherty24. Might need to feel like the swing is "all pivot" and less arms. 

Turn the body more earlier and keep the upper parts of your arms ("pressure points") connected. Will help you sync up the arms with the pivot.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3115 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!