IGNORED

My Swing (Glentwenty)

Glentwenty
Note: This thread is 3080 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My typical ball flight is: Slice
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Slice (over the top)

I'm really trying to improve my game and lower my score, any help on how I can hit the ball straighter and hit target more would be amazing. I hate slicing the ball as the course I play on is a lynx course if you go too far off the fairway your in big trouble haha!

Thanks, Harry 

Videos: 

My miss for the first two years was a slice.  It want until I started swinging around my body on a shallower plane, and bumped my hips towards my target on the downswing that I began to eliminate it.  

Your backwing looks decent, but try to shallow it out (hands more back than up). You also don't "bump" your hips forward at all. You seem to Just twist.  Food for thought

3 hours ago, Glentwenty said:

My typical ball flight is: Slice
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Slice (over the top)

I'm really trying to improve my game and lower my score, any help on how I can hit the ball straighter and hit target more would be amazing. I hate slicing the ball as the course I play on is a lynx course if you go too far off the fairway your in big trouble haha!

Thanks, Harry 

Videos: 

@Glentwenty

Below is a screen shot of you at set up and at the top of the back swing. As you can see, you are swaying backward considerably, both your hips and head move back. You then have to move all the way back and more during the downswing, which is hard to do.

glentwenty.thumb.jpg.b1011efde90652d7b16

The screenshot below shows you at impact. You just made it back to your set up position.This is most likely the number 1 contributor to an over-the-top club path and your slice

glentwenty1.thumb.jpg.0334bb15f4fe319c53

Below is Jason Day at set up and impact. See how much his hips have moved forward compared to you.

56a4d2ab9babf_JasonDayImpactDriver.thumb

The thread below discuss a centered hip turn. By staying centered during the back swing, it is easier to slide the hips forward during the downswing. Focus on this first. Practice the backswing in front of a mirror and filming yourself. Do the practice slowly at first to get the feel right as in the thread below that.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

@Glentwenty

Below is a screen shot of you at set up and at the top of the back swing. As you can see, you are swaying backward considerably, both your hips and head move back. You then have to move all the way back and more during the downswing, which is hard to do.

glentwenty.thumb.jpg.b1011efde90652d7b16

The screenshot below shows you at impact. You just made it back to your set up position.This is most likely the number 1 contributor to an over-the-top club path and your slice

glentwenty1.thumb.jpg.0334bb15f4fe319c53

Below is Jason Day at set up and impact. See how much his hips have moved forward compared to you.

56a4d2ab9babf_JasonDayImpactDriver.thumb

The thread below discuss a centered hip turn. By staying centered during the back swing, it is easier to slide the hips forward during the downswing. Focus on this first. Practice the backswing in front of a mirror and filming yourself. Do the practice slowly at first to get the feel right as in the thread below that.

Thanks heaps! I'll definitely do these practices then upload my progress in a few weeks :) can't wait to see the outcome 

55 minutes ago, Glentwenty said:

So after @boogielicious kindly analysed my swing and pointed out my slide, I have managed to reduce my slide to this so far. I think I slide a little less but more practice!! 

That's a good attempt, but you are restricting your hip movement.  Try this:  flare both feet and turn the hip in place on the back swing and see what it looks like.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

4 hours ago, Glentwenty said:

@Abu3baid Working on my hip rotation :) flared feet, trying to rotate my hips. Much better contact when I get it right 

Keep at it. It's better, but still needs to be more forward. Exaggerate the weight forward at impact per the drills. It will take a few weeks to become automatic.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 3080 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!