IGNORED

My Swing (Jallen8289)

Jallen8289
Note: This thread is 3091 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 2 Years. Just wanting to get serious about getting better
My current handicap index or average score is: 95-110
My typical ball flight is: Low and right
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is:  Chunking my irons, Hitting wedges thin, Slicing driver.

I have been playing golf for about 2 years, mainly during the spring and summer when I am slow at work. I only play about once a week during the time I can. I feel like I don't have very much power in my swing and my contact on my irons is very inconsistent. I am just looking to get more consistent on my contact and then worry about the other stuff as I progress. Thanks for any help from you guys.

Videos:

Edited by iacas
embedded videos

• Administrator

I embedded the videos for you, but in the future… http://thesandtrap.com/how-to/embed-videos/

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...

I have been working on keeping my left arm straight through the swing, as well as not over swinging on my backswing. Still having trouble getting my weight forward and creating lag. I went to the range today and tried to focus on the feeling of keeping my right arm straight and it seemed to help out a lot. Any advice or drills I should focus on are greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...

I signed up for an Evolvr account and have gotten 2 lessons so far. The first one was to transfer my weight forward and the second was to get my shoulder rotating more on the backswing. He also wanted me to work taking the club back more to the inside and more in to out on the downswing. I just submitted these 2 videos to evolvr this afternoon.

Good luck! Stick with what your instructor tells you and you'll see progress.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3091 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!