IGNORED

My Swing (Steemo)

Steemo
Note: This thread is 3108 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 17 years, but just coming back into the game after a 5 year layoff. 
My current handicap index or average score is: Lately been shooting in the mid to low 80's. 
My typical ball flight is: I like to play a low penetrating ball flight as I grew up playing in a lot of wind. My typical shot is a bit of a pull. When playing well, a small draw. 
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: I hate blocking the ball and hitting shots off the toe. 

Videos: 

Driver 

7 Iron 

For now I just have these shots. I will get face on shots as soon as possible. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Excited to get back into the game and start scoring again.

Thanks in Advance,

Steven  

Edited by Steemo

Hi, welcome to the site. Couple simple things I think would help.

At address take out some knee flex. Your tailbone is a little too far behind your heels and you're a little back on your heels.

Try to post a face-on view if you can but I'm guessing the feet are square at address. Turn both out a little at address, will help you turn your hips more on the backswing. Your lower body needs to get more dynamic on the backswing which will help you on the downswing.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Your first drive looked nice but maybe you can add this idea into your irons for less pushes otherwise work on your swing path and a few other fundamentals such as posture and a better set up like this one below just a good mental picture.

ultimate_driving_machine_3.jpg

20 hours ago, mvmac said:

Hi, welcome to the site. Couple simple things I think would help.

At address take out some knee flex. Your tailbone is a little too far behind your heels and you're a little back on your heels.

Try to post a face-on view if you can but I'm guessing the feet are square at address. Turn both out a little at address, will help you turn your hips more on the backswing. Your lower body needs to get more dynamic on the backswing which will help you on the downswing.

@mvmac thanks for the feedback and the links. I stopped by the range today and snuck in a quick 30 minutes and was able to grab some footage. Tried getting more over my arches and off my heels and also flaring my feet a bit. Hope the face on shots help. 

• 2 weeks later...

Good range session today. Been working on weight transfer and having more weight forward at impact. Had about 15 shots out of the bucket that felt pretty good with the new movement. Hopefully these changes start to take and I can build more consistency. 

11 hours ago, Steemo said:

Good range session today. Been working on weight transfer and having more weight forward at impact. Had about 15 shots out of the bucket that felt pretty good with the new movement. Hopefully these changes start to take and I can build more consistency. 

Have you been flaring your feet as @mvmac suggested? Your video from March 15 showed them to be pretty straight. This will help a lot with keeping the backswing centered and getting weight forward.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3108 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!