IGNORED

My Swing (BlueBallz)

BlueBallz
Note: This thread is 3021 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: xxxx
My current handicap index or average score is: 0
My typical ball flight is:high
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is:

Videos: 

[

]

Edited by mchepp
Removed the Red Text

Pretty nice swing you got there. What if anything are you looking for? Maybe you can share what you are working on? Something you would like to fix/eliminate?

Michael

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 minutes ago, mchepp said:

Pretty nice swing you got there. What if anything are you looking for? Maybe you can share what you are working on? Something you would like to fix/eliminate?

Not really working on anything specific. Alot of tweaking at the moment as iv not been able to golf much lately

One thing i see in the iron swing is the right arm remains very close to my body leading to laying the club off ever so slightly. Feel if i let my right elbow go further away from my body at the top it would give me more space and a better slotting position.

Clubs exits on plane ( had a tendency to release it high and right)

Both swings are relatively old however, i plan to use this as a diary of my swing so i can track ideas and swing thoughts. 

Any thoughts on the swing?

Again, you have a really good swing so anything I recommend is going to be nitpicking. The one area that you could make some rapid improvement is the movement of your head. You can start by working on the backswing and then move to trying to make changes in the downswing.

You are a tall guy I think, so you need to be careful that you don't dip your head particularly on the backswing. If anything I would like to see you be flat to slightly up. You start coming down from A3 and continue until you hit the ball.

Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 7.47.13 AM.jpg

From there you start to really come down. More I would recommend. Down is okay on the downswing, as long as it isn't quite so much.

Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 7.48.01 AM.jpg

Here is Robert Rock in the same positions.

Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 7.49.29 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 7.49.54 AM.jpg

@mvmac has a drill where he stands with his head against a wall and makes a backswing and downswing and using the wall to steady his head and prevent it moving down/up too much.

Michael

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3021 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!