IGNORED

Naples Trip in Jan. need some golf course suggestions?

jcard71
Note: This thread is 6128 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Heading down to Naples the first week of Jan and my wife and I are staying at the Leyly Flamingo & Mustang.

I played the Flamingo and really liked it, but not a big fan of the Mustang.

So far, I have a round booked at the Flamingo and Naples Beach Hotel and Golf Club. The pro their told me I have to go out and play "Old Cork Screw" He said it will be private soon... http://www.oldcorkscrew.com

Any other courses I should play? My wife does not play golf so I'm looking at playing early in the morning if possible.

So far..

Flamingo
Old Cork Screw

Not really sure about Naples Beach Hotel and Golf Club? Anyone play here?

Travel & Leisure Golf just published their Florida issue which might help--take a look there!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Flickr pics from hacking it up at Pebble, Bandon, Pinehurst, Whistling Straits, the Black, Kiawah & more...

Heading down to Naples the first week of Jan and my wife and I are staying at the Leyly Flamingo & Mustang.

Naples bh & gc fine, and with the traffic that time of year, you wont be spending more time in traffic than on the course. But should definitely give old cork screw a whirl. My old stopping grounds. Ahh, Naples in January!

A place a little bit north of Naples in Bradenton called the Legacy at Lakewood Ranch is a great course. It maybe a little too far north for you but it is well worth the drive. I went their 2 years ago and it was fantastical. It was voted the best course in Southwest Florida a couple of years ago. CHeck it out.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

Highly recommend Heritage Bay golf course. It's fairly new; think it opened about this time last year, but very, very nice. 27 holes. It's right off Immokalee Rd, just a little east of I-75. Here's the info that I have from a business card I picked up:

http://www.golfheritagebay.com
Phone: 239-353-2561

I played it when it first opened up while down there last Christmas. At that time, 18 of the 27 holes were opened and they were running it out of an RV. Course was fabulous. Played it again when I was down there in August and luckily got to play the other 9 holes that wasn't open originally and it was just as nice. Plan on playing it a couple of times when I'm down there again this Christmas.

Would tell you to enjoy the trip, but Naples in January? Pretty much a given that you will!

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

I've played Tiburon GC, it hosts the Greg Norman two man tournament which is played this week, it's a great facility with two courses. It will be pricey in January as will the other quality courses in the area.

Driver: Ping Rapture 9*
3metal: Titleist 904F 15*
Hybrids: Adams Idea 18* and 20*
Irons: Titleist 690CB (4-PW)
Wedgies: Titleist Oil Can 54* and 58*Putter: Ping AllyBall: Pro V1x

TCCcaddie,

Four of us are headed down to Venice in January which is really close to the Legacy at Lakewood. Do you have any other recommendations for courses in that area?

thanks

ceder hammock, lely mustang is a great course, heritage bay, naples beach club.are all good. i live at kensinton gc.

whats in my bag
r7 425 v2 x flex
ss 2.5 stiff
:KZG-forged evolution project x 6.5
cg12 52,56900 form forged 60 bettanardi co3 33.75"pro v1

I played 5 courses while in Fla. 2 were private so i dont think u can get in there. I can't reccomend the Legacy enough great course, palmer design. THe other i played was a muni LAke Venice. Stay away from this at all costs. Full of old people and close to a small airstrip. Also if you heard of a guy getting bit by a gator a while ago, that was the place. I played Calusa Lakes which was a private and i got in their cuz i was staying with people who are members there. The other two places where in Ft. Meyers cuz that is where my flights were. The first was Eagle Ridge a good value and recomended as a after flight tune up round if you are going to play some big places. The second was Miromar lakes, the other private course, which was not a good choice for a fisrt round cuz it is very hard. I got on there through a site called Teebone.com which i reccomend for your trip. I made a thread about it in golf talk and that explains it more there.

Well i hope i was some help mookie. Definatley try out the teebone thing.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

Note: This thread is 6128 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!