IGNORED

My Swing (sarena1594)

sarena1594
Note: This thread is 3095 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 2 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 22
My typical ball flight is: Straight or draw
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Hook and/or push

Videos: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_FGpVGsUuY&feature=youtu.be

I feel like my swing is a bit steep and my weight isn't forward enough on the follow through, but I am open to any critiques/suggestions.  Thanks!

Edited by sarena1594

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

The video is private and that's why it did not embed.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

13 hours ago, sarena1594 said:

Thanks for the help with the video! Here it is.  Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Given that you seem to fall back a little at impact, it'd be really useful to see a face-on angle. Hard (for me) to say without seeing that, but I'd imagine that you aren't getting your weight forward enough. Backswing looks nice though - lots of good moves in there!

Edited by b101

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Analyzing a swing is above my pay grade, so all I can say is that the backswing looks nice but something is going on into or post impact. Your backswing looks close to what I think I see pros doing, but I've never seen a pro's left arm look like that in the follow through.

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

Thanks for the comments guys!  I will post a followup video from the front as soon as I can, but I think you're right: the problem is that my weight isn't getting forward enough through impact.  I think my ball flight is higher than most because of this, which is not necessarily a bad thing when I'm trying to hit greens, but the weight not getting forward creates inconsistencies in impact.  I hit a lot of shots fat (especially long irons).

Note: This thread is 3095 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!