IGNORED

I'm officially a hybrid fanboy

Note: This thread is 2925 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Take this with a grain of salt because I'm not the greatest golfer in the world (I shoot in the mid-to-high eighties) but I would like to share my input on the longer iron hybrid clubs.

I just picked up a 18-deg and 20-deg Adams Super 9031 hybrids in stiff. I have a ~102 mph swing speed. These are cheap clubs at the moment, new (I paid $40 each?)

I was skeptical at first, I have always dismissed the clubs that look like this. They just look so dang awkward that I thought I would despise them at address and hit them terribly.

I was wrong.

I knew I needed to fill some distance gaps at the top end. And I hate woods. They've never felt right to me. I know I need to work on them more but I knew that the hybrids were "taking over." Figured I'd check them out, considering how well I've been hitting my irons lately.  I did some more research and a big component of my research was looking at OTHER PEOPLES' pictures online. For some reason the way Adams is photographing these clubs it's making them look way more awkward than they really are. I saw someone else's picture of the club at address and thought "dang, that looks pretty good!" I bought the clubs and when they came in, addressed them and they looked GOOD.

Got the grips redone (they actually had some good Golf Pride grips on them but I'm partial to mine all being consistent) and cut down the shafts for my fit, and took them to the range.

First two hits (20-deg) were a bit wonky. Major heel hits but oddly enough they didn't go very far offline. Hit two more shots and they were epic. I've never hit a long club so nicely. It was a beautiful swing feel, sound, flight, and distance. Popped off several more shots and they were almost all dead straight. Looked down at the face and noticed I even had a little dispersion of impact spots and yet they still went straight. I hit off of a low tee, only the head of the tee was sticking out of the ground so the ball was still nestled a little in the short grass.

Just my 2c.

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2925 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!